Hydroboost Conversion Done

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
hydroboost_3.jpg

old man dave

Reaction score
Apparently its only available by ordering the right booster assembly, some come with it and some don't, have to check when ordering. Motorcraft comes with it and according to Rock Auto's part description so do a couple of others.

old man dave

Reaction score
Since I already bought all of the hydroboost parts, Rock Auto now sends me a discount code good until October 16. Enter code in "How did you hear about us" line then click apply. Code is 66195475498333 and its good for 5% off.
anyone can use this code.

colobronco

Reaction score
Well, I ordered the booster without the rod. Can one be made? Or should I return this one and get the motor craft one?

Strokersace

Reaction score
Gonna be ordering me a new one in a few weeks. Finally got all my interior and motor stuff ordered so I can get that finished up. No just gotta get some funds back together so I can finish RE-DOING my brake system.

colobronco

Reaction score
Found a used booster, got everything on yesterday. man, what a difference. nice firm peddle. stops great. even felt the ABS come on, never could do that unless i was on ice or snow. I've got some pump whine, but very liveable. In a few times of driving it probably won't even hear it anymore.
I did the frozen rotors and hawk pads all at the same time.

Tom S

Reaction score
Found a used booster, got everything on yesterday. man, what a difference. nice firm peddle. stops great. even felt the ABS come on, never could do that unless i was on ice or snow. I've got some pump whine, but very liveable. In a few times of driving it probably won't even hear it anymore.
I did the frozen rotors and hawk pads all at the same time.

Where are you located at? I would like to try a hydroboost setup.

old man dave

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be like braking with a SD? My 08 F-350 dually work truck will stand on end if I panic stop it. :) Nothing at all like the OBS.

Tom S

Reaction score
I have not been unhappy with the brakes on mine so I want to see what the difference is.

PsRumors

Reaction score
I have not been unhappy with the brakes on mine so I want to see what the difference is.

I agree. My truck will stop quick. Of course I am brake maintenance OCD. My drums get cleaned and adjusted every time I rotate the tires and the break fluid has been flushed every 25k miles.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Just ordered the hydroboost unit today. Been checking the prices and as of last week they were up over $300. Dropped to $290 last Friday and went to check this morning and they said they only had 1 left and the price was $230. The discount code that Dave posted covered the shipping.

Glad I waited now as it saved me $70 from last week. Now if I'd only went this route to begin with it'd saved me even more!

old man dave

Reaction score
There's a new discount code. 71392465585951. Same instructions, put number code into "how did you hear about us" block and click APPLY button. Good until 12/11/2011 and good for 5% off of their prices.

Ken Newman

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all the info. I finally got around to ordering the parts to do my '96. I just got the Motorcraft booster for $216.00 with free shipping from Amazon.com. The booster with the two lines cost me $258.00 shipped to my house. I'm still waiting for a reservior. I plan on using my original master because I'm not going to rear discs yet.

Last edited:

Short Bus

Reaction score
I have a wrecked SD parts truck, will i be able to rob everything i need from it or is there other parts i will need?

Short Bus

Reaction score
alrighty well guess i'll order up the op's parts list then. I was hoping that i could directly swap all these parts in that i have and save some coins!

Latest posts

Members online