I need some advice from the 6.0 guys

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Also, this problem only happens after running it hard. My ect drops from 193ish to 175ish but my oil stays at 199. There is only a little bit of coolant on the bottle but from past experience, I know that leaks only get worse

swinky

Reaction score
Also, this problem only happens after running it hard. My ect drops from 193ish to 175ish but my oil stays at 199. There is only a little bit of coolant on the bottle but from past experience, I know that leaks only get worse
I went through the same exact thing. Ended up being head gaskets blown out on all cylinders, both sides. I got around 14k miles out of mine though.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
I went through the same exact thing. Ended up being head gaskets blown out on all cylinders, both sides. I got around 14k miles out of mine though.
Did you read my post about the bubble test? What are your thoughts on that? With the EGR blocked off, is it even a relevant test?

swinky

Reaction score
Yeah but the thing is that the weld would have to fail and the cooler would have to fail for that.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, just wanted to hear someone else say it. It's going into the shop next week. Nothing like doing a bunch of work to the truck just to take it back in for something that was already done. This is the only work I haven't done to the truck, and is the only thing that has failed. Kinda makes me want to do it myself

swinky

Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to me. Except I'm military and changed stations so I was 1200 miles away from the original shop.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
That sux man. Just caught up on the thread and altho i have no idea what might be going on with your cooling system and cant think of a any reason your coolant is dropping temp while oil is steady besides maybe a bad temp sensor. Wish i did but idk much more than a really ****ty mech. Lols

Fwiw
I thought i had coolant puking under hard throttle after i dropped 4,500 on the necessary work. Almost flipped my wig, then i realized the little line on top of the bottle just wasn't seated good. A lil wiggle stopped the puke.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Could the combustion gases getting into the cooling system cause my thermostat to hold open then stick open once the degas bottle vents?

Latest posts

Members online