Injector issue??

Stroked777

Reaction score
well got a bit of bad, sh***y, f***ed up news, jim called me today and told me that the lifter and cam are shot, he said that the lifter mushroomed at the bottom and is stuck in the block, and not only is it stuck in the block.... it cracked the block as well. so now I'm looking for options and don't have much money to spend. he was saying i am looking at between 12-14k grand. so i have to wait and see what option and routes he comes back at me with and a price.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Made a desicion and it's something I wanted to always do. I'm picking up the truck and it will be getting a common rail 5.9, it will be destroked

sootie

Reaction score
Quitter.

j/k good luck with whatever way you choose. main thing is that you're happy!

sootie

Reaction score
you are doing the swap yourself? or is it staying at Hallers place

webb06

Reaction score
I am a diehard for guy, I bleed blue. But this should be a fun project when I start it, something I always wanted to do

You don't sound too diehard if you're not putting a ford motor back in.....but hey it's your rig, do as you please. I'll be here to watch the swap process

Stroked777

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gunna do it my self lol. Just gotta sell some stuff and that will pay for the swap. It will be cheaper in the end for me to do a swap instead of putting a long block in it

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Yo stroked, I have read this from the git and have been rooting for you all along. But do U really think it will be less expensive to put a cummins in it? I'm not being smart, just wondering how u figured that. I guess if u do it your self it won't be a ton but why not just throw a used 6.4 back in it

Cknox121

Reaction score
Yo stroked, I have read this from the git and have been rooting for you all along. But do U really think it will be less expensive to put a cummins in it? I'm not being smart, just wondering how u figured that. I guess if u do it your self it won't be a ton but why not just throw a used 6.4 back in it

Cause 6.4's are junk... 😂

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowSmoke

Reaction score

A cummins swap is not cheaper in the end! Unless you have a good running cummins you got for free and want to farmer a bunch of it, it's not worth it, plus you will have less power. :(

Stroked777

Reaction score
The conversion kit is 6500, I can get a reman cummins in the 5 grand range for a long block. And from a dealer a 6.4 long block is around 12grand. It breaks down to being possibly a little cheaper depending on cummins motor I find but even if it's a little more it's still appealing to me to have a unique truck that I built

David1089

Reaction score
I just had the po275 come up on my truck. Turned it back stock and she's in the shop as we speak. Diesel tech said it was a nox sensor???? Idk unless there's one on the engine somewhere. Truck was deleted when it happened.

webb06

Reaction score
The conversion kit is 6500, I can get a reman cummins in the 5 grand range for a long block. And from a dealer a 6.4 long block is around 12grand. It breaks down to being possibly a little cheaper depending on cummins motor I find but even if it's a little more it's still appealing to me to have a unique truck that I built

You can get a reman long block 6.4 for like $5000 easy, so idk how that's not cheaper than $11,500 for cummins stuff, plus all the labor intensive work involved.

I just had the po275 come up on my truck. Turned it back stock and she's in the shop as we speak. Diesel tech said it was a nox sensor???? Idk unless there's one on the engine somewhere. Truck was deleted when it happened.

Make your own thread man

swinky

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious you're just trying to justify it to yourself at this point. Comparing a long block from a dealer to a reman is stupid.

I'm not trying to be a dick but if it's what you want to do just do it.

webb06

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious you're just trying to justify it to yourself at this point. Comparing a long block from a dealer to a reman is stupid.

I'm not trying to be a dick but if it's what you want to do just do it.

I agree completely lol

Latest posts

Members online