Is HPFP leak into motor possible

njjeep

Reaction score
Would there be any way that you could fabricate something when the hpfp started leaking it would be sealed from the crank case? Instead of it leaking into the engine it would just come out the top and leak on the ground or into a container

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I wondered the same thing but it would be very difficult to do since the gear runs on the cam and gets lubrication off of the gear. So you would basically need to have a bracket with a second seal between the gear and the pump. Then you would need to find a place to let it drain to if there was a leak.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
If you guys have ever seen a elite dual hpop for a 6.0. It has a little seal housing with a second seal between the gear and pump and a -4 drain line to drain oil back to the pan. But I think there should be a better option to just keep it from leaking in the first place.
IMAG0718_zpsd8126a27.jpg

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Looks like you could with some machining possibly fit a second seal in the back of the pump. I'm just thinking out load really. Here are some pics of one I pulled apart to look into stroking it.
IMAG0740_zps4a1bc597.jpg

IMAG0739_zps5aea1a46.jpg

you can see where the two lips of the seal ride. There isn't a whole lot of extra room before it tappers.
IMAG0736_zps734427c4.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I would have know international was 5 minutes away from the ford house, I would have bought one of those rather than a reman. I remember when I bought the pump, I looked and got a sick feeling in my stomach when I saw the reman sticker on it.

webb06

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420477271.230221.jpg
Email we got this morning from Alliant. I guess the pumps are ready?

Let me ask this......is anyone having trouble with these pumps leaking on a 100% stock fuel system?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately still an AER product... didn't sound like there was a release date any time soon as things were just getting started when we were at SEMA.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.