I've been asked countless times ...

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ah too funny Matt. Always seems like something new comes out everyone jumps on the wagon, till proof comes out. My advice I've followed has always and will be stick with what's proven.

Only problem I see here is, how do you deem something "proven to work" if no one tests something? LOL

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
As many have read iv road the batmo fail boat to the bottom of the fail LOL
Then have Bill say a un touched lock washer was my casual part for compressor wheel explosion.

F bullseye Turbos I will never purchase another turbo with that name on the CHRA

Now I'm a happy owner of a turbonetics dual ball bearing 64/65 billet compressor wheel

Lowdown89

Reaction score
The same thing was shown on the dyno by Bill @ PHP. Ran a 38r with batmo then ran it with the stock wheel. Tried all kinds of tuning changes to get the most out of both. With the batmo power went down egts went up etc.. if you do a search in the 7.3 section its there. The owner put the wheel up for sale. So I think we can say its less that two major turbo manf stock wheels.

I actually still have the 38r batmo and bullseye is supposed to be sending bill one of their "new and improved" versions so we can try again.. They said they had a few guys runnin them who were happy with the gains but when I asked for proof I got none. For the record Im not expecting 1 ounce of change in performance with the new wheel but supposedly they will give the 7.3 guys a refund if It doesn't work since according to them it was the only wheel that didn't pick up any power. Something I also find hard to believe!

strokin6L

Reaction score
I'm in no way pickin sides on the batmo working or not working, but didn't craig at MPD dyno a powermax and a stock turbo...with and without batmo wheel and found hp gains with them? I know it wasn't much but i know he did test those two chargers with and without them and saw gains using the batmo. Not sure how those vgt turbo's compare to a non vgt using a batmo tho.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Only problem I see here is, how do you deem something "proven to work" if no one tests something? LOL

I have to agree with Greg here. I also am not defending the batmowheels as I personally don't think they are worth it but like he said, how does anyone know if there is something that is better out there if no tries it?? This also inspires more competition to develop better and lower cost options. JMO though.

I'm in no way pickin sides on the batmo working or not working, but didn't craig at MPD dyno a powermax and a stock turbo...with and without batmo wheel and found hp gains with them? I know it wasn't much but i know he did test those two chargers with and without them and saw gains using the batmo. Not sure how those vgt turbo's compare to a non vgt using a batmo tho.

Yes Chris. IIRC, Craig tested both a stock 6.0 turbo and Powermax turbo with a batmowheel with 190cc injectors (I can't remember the nozzle size but 100% is sticking in my head for some reason). I believe both instances yielded like a 10hp and 100ft-lb gain and a drop in EGTs of like 100F. I know that in both cases 190s are WAY too much of an injector for either turbo (with or with out a batmowheel), so I don't know if those sort of gains would/could be realized with smaller injectors and the same turbo.

tasman650

Reaction score

yes that was my truck

Before and after Craig tested the batmowheel on my 03 turbo

stock numbers: 482.1hp @760.2ftlbs
Batmowheel: 493.5hp @867.8ftlbs

Back pressure& Boost
Stock: 42psi&36psi
Batmo: 42psi&38psi

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Curious to what the Batmo guys say... I had billet ball bearing Precisions in my Tow Xs, and they both were obliterated, with stock fuel, ZERO drag races, and towing twice, in less than 3,000 miles. I now have the journal bearing Bullseyes, with one single, and one double batmo, and have no issues as of yet, but I am no where near 3 k yet either... I dont have an apple to apples test for comparison, however, this isnt just a "Bullseye's turbos are crap" kinda discussion, with no one ever having bad experiences with other turbos....

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I guess it can be argued either way depending on who is doing the arguing.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

Yup. Ill get mine done, and if I ever have an issue with the turbos, Ill pull them, replace the wheels with stockers, and set it on the dyno again. But the Batmo and double batmo on my setup was there already, and I dont plan on changing them... But if I need to, Ill report on the differences....

I would like to see the Bullseye crew post up some numbers, as a rebuttal, if nothing else...

U235a4

Reaction score
My personal opinion is that the success or failure of the batmo on a performance platform is going to vary depending on what turbo it's in. That said I installed a Pmax on my truck over the summer and put about 5k on the stock wheel with a tune built for the pmax. I then changed the wheel with out reseting the ECU and right off the bat (no pun) I had better throttle response, part throttle to WOT cleaned up quicker, and it would break the tires loose like a stocker with out the lag on the bottom end. so in my book it makes the Pmax a more streetable turbo. Also I picked atleast 1mpg up over the cast wheel. my combined mileage for the stocker was 16, pmax + batmo 15.5 and Pmax cast 14.5. My 2 cents atleast

Latest posts

Members online