Junking the VGT, going with a S362

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Like the thread says im going with a non vgt setup, just tired of the stupid loud stock whistle and dont want to buy a muffler but want more hp. I am going with a S362SX-E, has a 62mm billet compressor, 80mm high flow turbine and a .91 housing, t4 divided up pipes. Just going to run it on stock sticks and tuning from windrunner for now. Larger sticks will be installed in the spring, 175/30's. Not going any bigger because I tow.

My main question is I will be around the 500hp mark with this turbo installed, still have the factory air box. I have heard the S&B's suck the minder in quite a bit, is this true? Recommendations on a air filter for this setup? I could not believe how expensive some of these intake kits cost....

Thinking of doing a ported intake manifold later down the road also
Thoughts? Been looking around the net and haven't been able to find much for modified beyond stock.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
You won't hit 500hp with just the turbo and you'll be a good bit passed 500hp with 175s. No limit intake is about the best on the market imo, that's what I'll be running when I go through the rest of my stock air filters I have stashed.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I've seen trucks make 490 hp with stock sticks and an s362.

It actually runs really nice from what I've heard, obviously you would make more power with some 175's. I would just throw a fresh stock filter in and see if it sucks the filter minder in, if so no limit makes one of the best intakes IMO.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I will have to check them out thanks guys. I'm just going off hp from a buddy that owns a smaller diesel shop and the youtube Dyno vids I have seen with basically the same setup.

matt92idi

Reaction score
I ran a s362 with stock sticks and now have 225s in my truck and the I'd say it was the most fun setup to have. Spool stupid fast and pulls hard and you can still tow heavy and runs super cool. If you want id say some 175/30s at most. I have plans on doing compounds that's why I went with a 225. But highway pulls where smoke free and as long as you got the truck to down shift a 20mph pull was clean.

powerstrokecrzy

Reaction score
Been contemplating non vgt. How would a 364.5 do with 175/stock injectors? Of course i want it to haul ass but need to be able to tow heavy also

Last edited:

Countryboy07

Reaction score
I ran an Industrial Injection 62/70 back in the day on stock sticks until my injectors showed up. I actually liked the way it ran quite a bit better with stock sticks than I did with the 190/100's.

powerstrokecrzy

Reaction score
Yes i actually do, 5th wheel camper, although next year it may get parked permanent at a campground so towing would be cut down to one trip to beach and back, that's it.

And if that's all a 362 will get me it's just not worth it. Should be around 500/little over with my setup now. IDK, something to think about i guess

Last edited:

shmoozer

Reaction score
An S362 is capable of more. But with the setup Six_Sloww posted up for heavy towing that's about it. Obviously you could go with larger sticks and bigger nozzles and make more but you would sacrifice the ability of being able to just hook up and go some.

-KCCO-

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I was going to go to that size but I'm done playing the hp game, just want a fun truck that still can tow and have cool EGT's. My kit should be here Saturday, I won't get tune revisions until next week. Just gonna take my time for install.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
4E0AFB68-F3B8-4B57-92ED-A0EA56310E1A_zpsveoo2llq.jpg

567D73FC-35A4-4A72-89E6-EBBEBF4201FD_zpsftk5srzy.jpg

Everything came in Saturday, going to put it in this coming week, taking my time since I'm a busy person.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Harrington Diesel, located out of PA, he isn't a sponser on here but his kits are freaking top notch. Uses all OEM hardware (nuts, bolts, o rings, ect). Every setup is also setup on a motor and clocked properly, I just am gutting it all then throwing everything on. He makes his mounts also.

Latest posts

Members online