Kingzilla build!

Motostroker

Reaction score
I don't want to waste money since I already have to get a new driveshaft because of the 47 swap. Might as well wait and only do it once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
58cc40abd81fb48649c1a6e468c8d1fc.jpg
6ec63cc5d1ce03fd3e10309c795cc07d.jpg
got a little farther tonight. Got the Trans pulled, pulled the heads, and I'm getting ready to yank motor to build it. I just came across a short bed for free.....so I may be cutting the frame after I get motor and Trans in place

Is that a snap on 1/4" impact I see on that tire? Or flashlight? Or?

Super Diesel

Reaction score
...I just came across a short bed for free.....so I may be cutting the frame after I get motor and Trans in place

Just wanted you to know, that I've been following your thread for a while and I think this truck is going to be completely nuts. I can't wait to see what this is going to do!

However, as much as I love RCSB's (obviously, I've got one myself) I think that having as much power as yours is planning to have, with the short wheelbase of a RCSB, might be too much. Mine is a blast to drive, but if I had any more HP.... I don't know. Maybe ask Lance how he felt with his, his put down somewhere between 750 and 800hp, and I remember him saying how his almost put him into a tree a few times.

I know that this won't be your daily driver, it's going to be a dedicated race truck - but traction is my worst enemy right now. And I've got less than half the HP as yours is going to have. I think that keeping it a longbed will help A LOT at the track. Just wanted to throw it out there. Either way, I'm really excited to see this thing get built!

Also, I agree with Six_Slow - that's insane that you scored a shortbed for free. I severely lucked out with mine, when I bought it for $1400.

Motostroker

Reaction score
Just wanted you to know, that I've been following your thread for a while and I think this truck is going to be completely nuts. I can't wait to see what this is going to do!

However, as much as I love RCSB's (obviously, I've got one myself) I think that having as much power as yours is planning to have, with the short wheelbase of a RCSB, might be too much. Mine is a blast to drive, but if I had any more HP.... I don't know. Maybe ask Lance how he felt with his, his put down somewhere between 750 and 800hp, and I remember him saying how his almost put him into a tree a few times.

I know that this won't be your daily driver, it's going to be a dedicated race truck - but traction is my worst enemy right now. And I've got less than half the HP as yours is going to have. I think that keeping it a longbed will help A LOT at the track. Just wanted to throw it out there. Either way, I'm really excited to see this thing get built!

Also, I agree with Six_Slow - that's insane that you scored a shortbed for free. I severely lucked out with mine, when I bought it for $1400.

I thought about that. I think traction will be a major issue no matter what bed I use

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Traction actually might be slightly better with the shorter bed but at the cost of stability.

Edit:

On second thought it will be way too dangerous, you should just sell me that short bed for cheap 😇

Last edited:

devdiesel

Reaction score
I agree with staying with the long box, my truck isn't quite in your hp range (it's 725-750hp) and 2wd so it's definitely not apples to apples.

But I was pleasantly surprised at how straight it tracks right now, obviously traction is a bigger obstacle for me and I have given some serious thought to shortening the wheelbase some but I'd rather have to peddle the truck a bit off the line and go straight then have an unpredictable truck that likes to look at the wall...

Motostroker

Reaction score
I guess it's up in the air. I really want to lower it and short bed conversion. Goal is a very compact death trap with a cage

madman1234509

Reaction score
^^^This. Tons of high hp cars that have no issues and short wheel bases compared to our trucks. If you know how to set up a chassis and suspension to get the weight transfer down, and good drag tires, it'll rip a** as a short bed. I know its a dodge but Millikens new short bed is ridiculous, and is made to drag, and makes 1300hp+ fuel only.

Also gotta remember, these trucks are ment for payload and to work and tow. The suspension is not ment for what you're doing with it, and is very heavy duty. You could trash most of it and build something much less heavy duty that works for what you're intending to do with it. Especially if it's going to be a dedicated toy/drag truck that will never do work truck stuff.

Last edited:

RedRice589

Reaction score
^^^This. Tons of high hp cars that have no issues and short wheel bases compared to our trucks. If you know how to set up a chassis and suspension to get the weight transfer down, and good drag tires, it'll rip a** as a short bed. I know its a dodge but Millikens new short bed is ridiculous, and is made to drag, and makes 1300hp+ fuel only.

Also gotta remember, these trucks are ment for payload and to work and tow. The suspension is not ment for what you're doing with it, and is very heavy duty. You could trash most of it and build something much less heavy duty that works for what you're intending to do with it. Especially if it's going to be a dedicated toy/drag truck that will never do work truck stuff.

Agreed but they also don't have 800 lb engines hanging off the front.... And usually 50% of the torque output.... And some of them aren't very "drive able" once they're setup for drag racing.

Latest posts