Looking for customer input

joshua5438

Reaction score
Matt is probably sleeping to start his next 6 month no sleep cycle. Haha.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
What is the temp rating of the SOTF cable?

I had it around the degas bottle and around the hot side tube and around the fuel and oil filter.

I moved it up to the the plastic above the turbo/PCM and placed it in the clips to try to get it away from the heat.

joshua5438

Reaction score
I have mine similar to your previous way. Did you notice any melted spots? Guess I need to check mine.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I have mine similar to your previous way. Did you notice any melted spots? Guess I need to check mine.

No, I just moved it for peace of mind.

If you look at the plastic above the PCM/turbo there are little "clips" the cable slides in them perfect (the windshield washer hose is clipped into one of them, there are a few that have nothing in them.)

(Cable runs from the driver side to the passenger side and comes down by the backside of the oil filler and connects to the harness.)

It's not as nice running them through the other way, but at least I got most of the cable away from the heat.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
The next SOTF beta will be adding OST features.

on the OST BETA will we have predefined shift/tc lockup schedules to choose from?

(for those who don't want to manually edit tc lockup?, if not in already)

A "early, early" lock file, I noticed with the 6.7 tuning, tc lockup early on makes it "torquey" on the low end, if its possible to do that on the 6.4s it would be a winner.

With these 4.30s (and short tires), the early lock selection (~45) when going through the gears at light throttle at a certain point the truck, feels like it "falls on its face" while its waiting for the converter to lockup.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
on the OST BETA will we have predefined shift/tc lockup schedules to choose from?

(for those who don't want to manually edit tc lockup?, if not in already)

A "early, early" lock file, I noticed with the 6.7 tuning, tc lockup early on makes it "torquey" on the low end, if its possible to do that on the 6.4s it would be a winner.

With these 4.30s (and short tires), the early lock selection (~45) when going through the gears at light throttle at a certain point the truck, feels like it "falls on its face" while its waiting for the converter to lockup.

yeah you nailed it. I think the spoiler for us is we have driven early lock up 6.7s so we are a little spoiled. I agree tho that from about 35 to 55 you are just waiting for the converter to lock because you know it needs it LOL

ckrueg

Reaction score
yeah you nailed it. I think the spoiler for us is we have driven early lock up 6.7s so we are a little spoiled. I agree tho that from about 35 to 55 you are just waiting for the converter to lock because you know it needs it LOL
I tuned my 6.4 to lock up in 3rd at 25. I absolutely love it, makes it feel so much more responsive

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

I love the way, ******* Warhammer_X file runs on the 15/16s I believe that's 2nd gear and up lockup?

The bottom end torque/response is insane.

That would be a winner on a 6.4.

aclark758

Reaction score
Here is my 325HP beta trial. Just a brief detail of my daily and 1/4 mile drives and new issues or concerns that I have encountered.

08 F250 J1 120k Dlet'd on 35's. Ive been Running the non SOTF 325 beta since it's release. Outstanding improvements and performance. From daily drive down to the quarter mile, this tune offers a lot to it's users. Depending how you drive and what options you have selected, fuel consumption will obviously vary. Light footed you get up to your desired speed with little to no effort and your golden. Same with the heavy footed driver, I feel it's almost unnecessary because you reach your desired cruise and you just burned more fuel to do it. Here are the flaws that I have found, Cold Transmission you get a hard slam when shifting 3-4 with about 50-60% throttle. Some times when in that same range once the TC locks, the power fluctuates or bounces up and down while speed and RPM increased. Another one time issue was my Miles till empty indicator on the cluster decreased from 66 down to 20 then counted down from there like," 5,4,3,2,1 miles to empty with in seconds of each other. All I did was a System Check and then I was back up to 66mi and have not experienced after that. I hit the drag last night and my 3rd launch pedal to the metal, 4x4 launch the truck responded normal but I felt as though I was being held back until I hit about 45 mph. That only happened once but I feel It was more user error. Overboosted launch is what I feel I did wrong but JIC I will mention it. I hit 13.9 on a 1/4 mile. Anybody else experience similar issues or like symptoms? How about your 1/4 mile times?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Hopefully after the rest of us get our SOTF cables. :)

This first BETA is great other than the issues stated by Matt when first released I haven't found any other "bugs" or had any "hiccups" with the tuning or the switch and I love it.

The only thing I would suggest to Matt is a selection (via OST), a predefined 6.7 style torque converter lock up schedule, with very early lockup.

Around 2nd-3rd gear at light throttle (25-30 MPH) would nice (if possible), currently with my tow boss (F-350 DRW 4.30s) 45-50 mph is too late since these trucks with this low gearing go through the gears quick.

By the time we hit 45 the truck "falls on its face" while it's waiting for the TC to lockup.

Other than that it's been awesome, shifts are on point, power is super smooth.

transitions between power levels are smooth and aren't even noticeable at light throttle, if you are heavy on the throttle it will jerk forward (it's fun to play around with LOL).