Madmans build thread

SoGrand

Reaction score
Jared your are called ghost flames. Only a few of yours were made from the factory like yours and thats why it was a option to get them that you had to pay for. Wayne nice looking build. Can't wait to see it done!

madman1234509

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Jared I didnt even know they made grey flame ones. Ive seen the blue and ones with like an orange kind of ghost flame

madman1234509

Reaction score
Wanted to use the walbro pumps, didnt want to dick around with them sucking fuel out of the tank and having to rely on that to flow enough. Its more efficient to have the main two pumps push the fuel from the cell rather than draw it up and out of the tank with 5 feet of hose. Another thing is when you run less fuel and have the small fuel cell with the baffles you dont necessarily have to worry about starving for fuel when it sloshes to the back of the tank, not like its ever happened with me. Its just different and no one has one as well :p... If I have issues I can always take it off and jut run an a1000 or something with no cell. But ive looked at flow graphs and the two walbros at 10psi should flow a bit more than a maxed out airdog for sure

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
Sounds pretty similar. I wish the pictures were still up. Luckily we dont need to run near the psi that he was stating, like 75psi. Another thing is if one of the pumps fail i can swap them with one of the two others and limp the truck home.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Intake manifold coming along.

Attachments

• 1382214368.jpg
    1382214368.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 1382214397.jpg
    1382214397.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 167

madman1234509

Reaction score
Fuel cell being fabbed up, it does have baffles on the inside, if youre wondering what the weld marks on the sides are

Attachments

• NCM_0020.jpg
    NCM_0020.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 1382232787.jpg
    1382232787.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 160

madman1234509

Reaction score
Finally got a hold of Phil at DPC, after a hectic week with the holiday. Should have my 12" converter with 2000rpm stall by the end of the week. He offered to get me a time frame on the 13" converters hes been working on, but the truck has been dropped off to the shop, and once its opened up its only going to be apart 3 weeks tops and it didnt sound like he would have one available by then. The ball is slowly beginning to roll!!

BTW, stance is staying relatively stock for now, so it should be a pretty sweet sleeper.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Finally got a hold of Phil at DPC, after a hectic week with the holiday. Should have my 12" converter with 2000rpm stall by the end of the week. He offered to get me a time frame on the 13" converters hes been working on, but the truck has been dropped off to the shop, and once its opened up its only going to be apart 3 weeks tops and it didnt sound like he would have one available by then. The ball is slowly beginning to roll!!

BTW, stance is staying relatively stock for now, so it should be a pretty sweet sleeper.

Define relative

madman1234509

Reaction score
Define relative

Haha ok ok, completely stock. Caltracs are first on the exterior to do list, but for functionality not looks. My only real plan is 20x10 with 33s at stock height, maybe lowered, and take off the running boards. I do have lowering springs, maybe Ill just end up selling them.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I'm excited to see this one come together. Plans of dynoing soon after the build?

There is a dyno 10 minutes down the road from me. I have to stop in to see if he can accommodate trucks. Im not sure what kind of dyno it is but from my understanding from asking around its only an inertia dyno not a load cell so who knows how well the turbos will make boost on it.

sootie

Reaction score
is there a reason you are going the caltracs route? ...just a question

madman1234509

Reaction score
Eh, Im not totally set on caltracs. I had procomp bars on my 08 that were custom mounted because the kit he offer is kind of cheesy. The bars are pretty light duty but the truck shifted 100 times better with them. Ive wanted to try caltracs. Ive heard of them working really well but just being noisy. The guy who is doing work on the truck has built some full out drag cars, and when he built the chassis and suspension for them he set up caltracs on them and claims he can adjust them so they arent noisy/clunky. If I dont like them Ill just take them off. Ive also looked at the PMF weld ons. I dont tow, and its basically just a street truck so I want the shifting to be like my 08, although the gearhead tunes arent nearly as harsh as the spartan tuning. I would love to take it to the local track next summer and want to be able to cut a good 60ft with it.

sootie

Reaction score
Eh, Im not totally set on caltracs. I had procomp bars on my 08 that were custom mounted because the kit he offer is kind of cheesy. The bars are pretty light duty but the truck shifted 100 times better with them. Ive wanted to try caltracs. Ive heard of them working really well but just being noisy. The guy who is doing work on the truck has built some full out drag cars, and when he built the chassis and suspension for them he set up caltracs on them and claims he can adjust them so they arent noisy/clunky. If I dont like them Ill just take them off. Ive also looked at the PMF weld ons. I dont tow, and its basically just a street truck so I want the shifting to be like my 08, although the gearhead tunes arent nearly as harsh as the spartan tuning. I would love to take it to the local track next summer and want to be able to cut a good 60ft with it.

this is just my opinion but i wouldnt do caltracs, esp if it is a 4x4.
2wd drag cars and 4x4 diesel pickups do not get set up the same. the purpose of traction bars on your truck is to eliminate axle wrap which the caltracs may not do. they tend to transfer weight to push the wheels into the pavement.
i would seriously consider pmf's block style mount or bolt-on design as they are very reasonably priced and if you want to break the bank, go for OUO adjustable
bars.

i daresay your 60' will be no better with caltracs than if you had pmf bars and even though you dont tow, there will be no binding or noise with Trevor's product.

Last edited: