Madmans build thread

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
If you want weld on bars. OUO weld on short gusset is the way to go. Also, if you do ever decide to adjust your suspension up or down you don't have to move your frame mounts or get different length bars, just adjust and voila

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
Trans is apart and should be done tomorrow. Still debating on doing the transgo kit I have. Its the small 40 dollar kit with the reverse snap ring, a pressure relief valve and a few springs. It seems like some use it and some dont, or some use the snap ring and thats it and that tuning has a big role in how the trans feels with or without the kit. I may message matt at gearhead to see what he would prefer I have in it since I will be going to him for the tuning.

Also waiting for the converter to show up from dpc. As soon as thats in the trans is going in the truck and we are going to take it for a short drive to make sure it seems good since this is the first one my buddy has done, then back in the garage to lift the cab

Attachments

• CAM00476.jpg
    CAM00476.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • CAM00477.jpg
    CAM00477.jpg
    857.6 KB · Views: 137
  • CAM00478.jpg
    CAM00478.jpg
    970.8 KB · Views: 139

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Looks like you are moving forward with some good progress. I wish I knew how to build the trans cause I would pull mine and do mine as well. Good luck with it and hope that the trans works when you are done.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Finally got a hold of Phil at DPC, after a hectic week with the holiday. Should have my 12" converter with 2000rpm stall by the end of the week. He offered to get me a time frame on the 13" converters hes been working on, but the truck has been dropped off to the shop, and once its opened up its only going to be apart 3 weeks tops and it didnt sound like he would have one available by then. The ball is slowly beginning to roll!!

BTW, stance is staying relatively stock for now, so it should be a pretty sweet sleeper.

good choice on the dpc , the 12" did perfect in my 800 horse truck , and good thing you didnt wait on the 13" .. ive been waiting months for them and still nothing. i'm not holding my breath. good luck to ya.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just trying to decide on this shift kit. I emailed gearhead, hopefully he will get back to me and thatll be the final yay or nay on it.

madman1234509

Reaction score
good choice on the dpc , the 12" did perfect in my 800 horse truck , and good thing you didnt wait on the 13" .. ive been waiting months for them and still nothing. i'm not holding my breath. good luck to ya.

He told me hed work with me on swapping the 12 out for a 13" if I didnt want to wait around, so its not too bad of a deal.

Riverside

Reaction score
At the very least put the heavy snap ring in.

Leave the pump spring out. Those are for raising line pressure without a tuner.

The little piston/plug deal with the hole drilled through it, it prevents pressure spikes in reverse.

4x4s can avoid pressure spikes by backing up heavy loads in 4-low.

2wd truck obviously cant do that.

I put the snap ring, relief piston in my trans when building it.

No problems so far.

Tip: the pump has to be separated to install the relief piston. When resembling the pump make sure the two halves are lined up to one another, think 2 quarters stacked.
Or the pump will not want to bottom out when ya go to put it in.

On edit: im running Matts tunes as well.
My trans has
RCD converter
Elite comp gpz clutches
Everything billet
New pump
New ford solenoids
Trans go reverse kit

No hunting for gears, super smooth shifts.......just awesome.
Arguably the best things that were done to my truck : gearhead tunes + built trans.

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
I dont really tow or do anything heavy in reverse so I was thinking about just leaving the pressure relief valve out. Thanks for the info, I did read that in the directions tonight though.

So unless gearhead says otherwise Ill probably just use the snap ring

Riverside

Reaction score
Thats what i would do then, leave the relief out of it.
Saves from having to split the pump and realigning it.

Way cool to see your build coming together.
Anticipating the results.

buck russell

Reaction score
Any up close pics of the diesel dr dual fuel kit?

I love my DPC converter. I believe Craig is running a DPC in king kong with those big ass compounds.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I dont have any at the moment, the kit is sitting in a box at the shop. If you youtube it he has a video explaining the kit, give you a pretty good idea of the kit, besides the bracket being painted.

buck russell

Reaction score
I saw the kit installed this weekend but, I really wanted to see it in pieces as opposed to mounted.

Good luck with everything!

madman1234509

Reaction score
Lets try this again

Attachments

• CAM00001.jpg
    CAM00001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 237
  • CAM00003.jpg
    CAM00003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 230
  • CAM00002.jpg