Major ABS issue Please help!!

1stock13

Reaction score
So I have come across a major issue with my 2013 F350, It started when I put the 1.5 inch spacer kit under the front, no issues for the first 2 weeks, but a few days ago I noticed a warning going off when I turned my steering to full lock, it went off for about 5 seconds then went away I figured it had to do with the abs line pulling tight behind the wheel so i pulled some of the slack into the lines, no big deal. However Sunday, I was backing a trailer in with the steering at full lock and the warning went off again, service advanced track, hill decent disabled, traction control disabled, and the abs light stayed on, and is still on after resetting the battery.

Today, I had the truck plugged into a scanner the could read chassis codes. and the ABS module would not respond. It literally would not respond to the code reader like the fuse was blown. Could it be a blown fuse? Could this be some of fords crap where it will only respond to a dealership scanner software? Someone please help before I start throwing money at this!!!

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Sounds like the symptoms of a disconnected wheel speed sensor. Probably worth a look at the connections at the wheels.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Sounds like the symptoms of a disconnected wheel speed sensor. Probably worth a look at the connections at the wheels.

This suggestion may be onto something. I'veseen too many times the wire going to the wheel speed sensor get stretched and then later stops working. Relatively an easy fix.

1stock13

Reaction score
This suggestion may be onto something. I'veseen too many times the wire going to the wheel speed sensor get stretched and then later stops working. Relatively an easy fix.

I was fortunate enough to get a hold of a ford technician after work yesterday and he told me exactly what was wrong with it, failed right hand wheel speed sensor. It's crazy that all of these issues could be cause but something so small.

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
at least yours is a easy fix, my abs and advance trac lights both flash on and off, when i hit my brakes i can feel my abs hydraulic module pulsing then it will star making my drivers side brake engage more than my passenger side. i have ready replaced the abs module, abs hydraulic unit, drivers side bearing and speed sensor both calipers, pads and rotors. i guess my last thing is to replace the passenger side wheel sensor and see if that fixes it.

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
at least yours is a easy fix, my abs and advance trac lights both flash on and off, when i hit my brakes i can feel my abs hydraulic module pulsing then it will star making my drivers side brake engage more than my passenger side. i have ready replaced the abs module, abs hydraulic unit, drivers side bearing and speed sensor both calipers, pads and rotors. i guess my last thing is to replace the passenger side wheel sensor and see if that fixes it.

Might look in check the passenger side wheel bear .. I had this problem on mine and change the driver side and it fixed it for a lil while then started doing it again .. So I had the other said done now no more problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
Might look in check the passenger side wheel bear .. I had this problem on mine and change the driver side and it fixed it for a lil while then started doing it again .. So I had the other said done now no more problems

When I did the rotors I rolled it over and it didn't have any play nor did it make and sounds like my drivers side. I'm going to put a new abs sensor in it and see if that will fix it

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
Bought a new abs harness and went to pull it apart and bam found my issue
e52de871b9e1bdaa4482a8c9d0572dde.jpg

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
Yeah wife is going to the dealer to buy the pigtail so I can fix it this weekend

Latest posts

Members online