MIDWEST DIESEL DUEL FUELER REVIEW

Black AOD

Reaction score
my buddy mentioned getting one made and tig welded. im gonna look into it first! the smaller pulley wheel that needs to be installed, does that get swapped out for a stock pulley that is already there? or is that an add on and theres already threads for it to be bolted in? hard to see down there

Which Pulley are you referring to exactly

Nick284

Reaction score
extra pulley that comes with the kit. the smaller one, not the one attached to the pump. you can see it on the previous page in the picture. just wondering if thats a bolt on and go or do i have to take anything off and use the threads that are there? not sure if im making sense exactly the way im typing it

stroker221

Reaction score
Nick284, if you or someone you know has a saw and can tig weld, I'd just modify your pipe to fit or make a new pipe to fit like White Monster said. Just use 304SS...

Since this is a Midwest Dual Fueler Thread.....Here's mine. Installed with two Non Reman OEM k16's and RCD 60% and 2.0 Elite High Powers. I really like the simplicity of Morgan's Kit, the 2nd K16 pump mount is very well made and very sturdy as well which made me thrilled being a steel guy. Only thing we changed was anodizing the Pulley Black.

http://s28.postimg.org/gftiqcvfx/16598.jpg

http://s13.postimg.org/l6o2dvu9j/IMG_1799.jpg

http://s8.postimg.org/aqapjzjr9/0217161046.jpg

Just curious as to how many miles both non reman pumps had when u got them? And where you got them..

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
gimme a call i'll make you a deal on a raw aluminum kit. $100 off .

Nick284

Reaction score
yes back right the small pulley! my fault i thought it was an add on but after looking at the truck theres already one where i thought it goes. soo where does that one mount exactly?

Reaction score
yes back right the small pulley! my fault i thought it was an add on but after looking at the truck theres already one where i thought it goes. soo where does that one mount exactly?

Do you not have the instruction sheet that came with the kit? It shows a picture of where to install it on that sheet. If you want a can email you over a PDF copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick284

Reaction score
yea i bought the kit used off of this site. no instructions! by the looks of it ijust swap the pulley out for the stock one that is currently there. but since the offer is there, il get some instructions from morgan lol. thanks guys! install was going smooth btw till i needed a new intercooler pipe

Nick284

Reaction score
need some help asap!! got everything together, nozzles, pump, rods, studs, ready to start.all it does is crank and no fire. i have fuel coming from the rails. tested the plugs and got some ohm readings. no go. could it be air? i tried starting it for a solid 2 hours atleast, plus some either trying to get it going. or is it possible the 2nd pump is bad? but idk if that would effect it since it would start off my valley pump. i feel its not air since i tried starting for so long but this is my first time!!

sootie

Reaction score
Put the ether away. Crack the banjo fitting on back of the fuel cooler and cycle the key several time until no more bubbles come out. Try and fire.

The truck will run on one pump anyways...

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Did you have the cab off? Any abs lights on? I ran into this on a 6.4 i had apart. It was a bad connection at the one big plug at the left fender. Sprayed some contact enhancer in there and it fired right up, i wasted a ton of time trying to bleed air and checking wiring.

Nick284

Reaction score
i got it! took a bit plus new batteries. fired up and i have a stuck injector! go figure. so i pulled the covers, all 8 injectors and getting flow tested tomorrow. should have done it to begin with. cab on btw. anyways 2 more questions! love the kit, but is it possible i have a slightly bent pulley wheel on the pump? as it goes around you can see it wobbles, bolts tight. also is everyones belt runing perfect on the grooves, mine went off by one groove, still worked fine. or i have to shift the pump more to align better i assume? cant wait to get it back together and work the tweaks out this coming week

Black AOD

Reaction score
i got it! took a bit plus new batteries. fired up and i have a stuck injector! go figure. so i pulled the covers, all 8 injectors and getting flow tested tomorrow. should have done it to begin with. cab on btw. anyways 2 more questions! love the kit, but is it possible i have a slightly bent pulley wheel on the pump? as it goes around you can see it wobbles, bolts tight. also is everyones belt runing perfect on the grooves, mine went off by one groove, still worked fine. or i have to shift the pump more to align better i assume? cant wait to get it back together and work the tweaks out this coming week

Did you align everything correctly before installing the belt? That pulley has to be aligned perfectly in order to work right

Nick284

Reaction score
how are you guys aligning the pump? i kept the 3 bolts loose on the bracket, lined the belt up with the pulley, then took it back out, tightened the bolts and pump. still cant align it. i was thinking to shimp the pulley with a washer behind it to align it. but im sure thats not what everyones doing lol

BOSS450

Reaction score
I got one from Morgan doing the same thing. Has rode one grove off the entire time. No matter how I bolted it up. Called morgan and he told me to widen the hole in the bracket to move the bracket over. No thanks. I've just let it ride. Hasn't hurt anything yet.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I got one from Morgan doing the same thing. Has rode one grove off the entire time. No matter how I bolted it up. Called morgan and he told me to widen the hole in the bracket to move the bracket over. No thanks. I've just let it ride. Hasn't hurt anything yet.

why did you switch from your dr diesel kit?

BOSS450

Reaction score
Never had a diesel Doctor kit. I originally had a rcd cp3 kit that I never even ran bc nobody had interest in writing me a tune for it