Midwest Diesel shop truck gets a little upgrade.

Reaction score
Why the change to the bigger chargers? Any issues back pressure or something with the 60 on there? Just asking for reference as I will be upgrading to a smaller high pressure.

More power, and the box chargers would have grenaded at the pressures we were running them at. They already were damaged after only 500 miles. It was super cool and drivable. But the hp bug never seems to let go.

Back pressure was not an issue. In fact the turbine sizes stayed the same and we went smaller on the atmo housing a/r. So with larger chargers it actually still drives as good as it did before.

Overall the 63/68/.91 is a very good option.

Reaction score
We dynoed the truck Saturday at schieds. Didn't make big numbers. But none of the big hp trucks really did anything. Dyno was reading weird and they were not using a tach signal. Put down like 7xx something. But that was enough to win the competition. If we would have dynoed and made those numbers on Friday it would have won too.

And then still hooked to the camper and towed it home. Two years in a row we won one of the dyno's there.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Going to have to get that thing to Randall's for proper numbers :). I dig the white/silver two tone, I don't think I've ever seen that.

V-Ref

Reaction score
We dynoed the truck Saturday at schieds. Didn't make big numbers. But none of the big hp trucks really did anything. Dyno was reading weird and they were not using a tach signal. Put down like 7xx something. But that was enough to win the competition. If we would have dynoed and made those numbers on Friday it would have won too.

And then still hooked to the camper and towed it home. Two years in a row we won one of the dyno's there.
Sorry if I missed it...what's been done to the transmission on the truck to hold that power level, DD, & tow?

madman1234509

Reaction score
Idk if this was already discussed, but I thought "shop trucks" weren't allowed to enter? Not that I don't want this to make it, I totally do! If we could get a couple proven 6.4s in the competition we would have a good chance at bringing the title back to the Ford camp, and better yet the 6.4 camp!! So far the guys that have said they want to enter have pretty proven set ups that are already running, which is awesome.

sootie

Reaction score
Idk if this was already discussed, but I thought "shop trucks" weren't allowed to enter? Not that I don't want this to make it, I totally do! If we could get a couple proven 6.4s in the competition we would have a good chance at bringing the title back to the Ford camp, and better yet the 6.4 camp!! So far the guys that have said they want to enter have pretty proven set ups that are already running, which is awesome.

ever heard Custom Auto's name thrown around?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I think by "shop trucks" they meant people who advertise or make money from Diesel Power Mag... so they would have an unfair advantage of making it in. If the truck is per say the "shop truck" of a business but they don't advertise or make money from Diesel Power its fair game. That's just how I always understood it.

Good luck Morgan. It would be nice to bring it back to the Ford camp. Looks like some pretty strong trucks applying.

Reaction score
I hope you get in Morgan.

Thanks

Awesome. I'd put the forces off ur 15 on the truck for the photos. Maybe for the competition too LOL.

I thought about a wheel and tire swap but I ran out if time.

We don't advertise with diesel power and I don't own the truck, my brother does. So we will see.

I think by "shop trucks" they meant people who advertise or make money from Diesel Power Mag... so they would have an unfair advantage of making it in. If the truck is per say the "shop truck" of a business but they don't advertise or make money from Diesel Power its fair game. That's just how I always understood it.

Good luck Morgan. It would be nice to bring it back to the Ford camp. Looks like some pretty strong trucks applying.

Exactly. I don't see an issue. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online