My auto to ZF6 swap

MorganY

Reaction score
I was throwing the idea around of the truck going into protection mode because it thinks one of the shock tower harnesses isn't connected (per say the one brooks swapped pigtails on, which is the manual harness, with no signal wires for the auto). Sort of like the same issue after a cab drop and you have a stubborn connector that didn't seat, and you get the blinking anti theft light w no crank, the same as what he's getting.

:shrug:

He has his cluster in there still, PCM, and his ignition barrel.

brooksfruge

Reaction score
Garret at PSM was able to take a look at my truck today, had the same problem I did, he couldn't get communication with the PCM with the IDS program, thoughts would be appreciated, especially from those who have successfully ran the 4R behind these 6.4's

If anybody knows someone I can contact with knowledge about 4r swaps or solutions to my PCM connection issues and getting the truck started let me know. Appreciate the help.

Last edited:

brooksfruge

Reaction score
Matt wrote me a tune for the new strategy, waitin on garret at PSM to load it on my truck and attempt to fire it up, he gets to my truck when he can, they have quite the line at their shop right now, the waitin is killin me

brooksfruge

Reaction score
So about what is the out the door price for this swap?

-$2000 for whole cab and tranny
-$270 for new manual rear cover
-$500 for used sintered iron SB clutch, another $900 to get remade into ceramic button
-add $ for short throw but not necessary
-rear driveshaft shortened for $250 iirc
-around $300 i went with new clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder for peace of mind even tho I had used system
-and add $ for miscellaneous tools/parts

Update on the truck. Didn't start with new strategy and tune loaded. But Garret at PSM knows his chit and will figure it out. Just takin some time due to the workload they have at their shop. Props to gearhead and garret for workin with me on this project. I'm confident we'll get this thing runnin. That's all for now.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
didn't see anywhere in there that you upgraded the clutch... did you upgrade it? dual disc? triple disc?

If you did upgrade your clutch, where did you order it from and how much did you pay?

brooksfruge

Reaction score
didn't see anywhere in there that you upgraded the clutch... did you upgrade it? dual disc? triple disc?

If you did upgrade your clutch, where did you order it from and how much did you pay?

i bought a used southbend solid hub 3600 sintered iron dual disc and sent it to southbend to get remade into a spring hub 3600 ceramic button dual disc