My auto to ZF6 swap

tensixniner

Reaction score
I may have missed the answer to this but if you have all the parts from the manual truck why didn't you just use them all?

brooksfruge

Reaction score
I may have missed the answer to this but if you have all the parts from the manual truck why didn't you just use them all?

The cab didnt include the motor, clutch, transfer case, or driveshafts. I didnt swap the speedo cluster bc im not sure if it was necessary.

brooksfruge

Reaction score
Good news is truck ran today, bad news is garret could only get it started by jumping it from under the hood, I will have more info when I pick it up on Monday

brooksfruge

Reaction score
Still can only jump start it? Jeez your sooooooo close, this would be killing me!

ya it starts by connecting the wire on passenger side of motor (brown/green if i recall correctly) to the positive terminal on the battery.

My truck is getting towed to my house today. Garret installed the manual pcm, loaded the strategy with the manual truck's VIN, and also flashed the GEM module, PATS module, and the speedo cluster to accept the new strategy. All the modules accepted the flash besides the speedo cluster. Only code we are getting is that the cluster isnt communicating with the TCM?

We believe the CPP switch is the reason the truck isnt starting with the key. Until i figure that out, im running two wires into the cab from the brown/green wire and the positive terminal on the battery and plan on putting them on a switch. The truck starts and runs this way so im going to hook up the tranny lines and flush the tranny and should be drivin this truck later today.

I plan on bypassing the CPP switch to get it to start with the key later. I need some info from yall, which wire under the dash is the hot wire for when the key is in the crank position? Also do you manual guys know which wire(s) on the CPP switch send the signal to the PCM that the pedal is depressed or not depressed? FYI there are four wires on the CPP switch, the colors are black/yellow, green/white, green/purple, yellow/blue. Thanks in advance.

MorganY

Reaction score
ya it starts by connecting the wire on passenger side of motor (brown/green if i recall correctly) to the positive terminal on the battery.

My truck is getting towed to my house today. Garret installed the manual pcm, loaded the strategy with the manual truck's VIN, and also flashed the GEM module, PATS module, and the speedo cluster to accept the new strategy. All the modules accepted the flash besides the speedo cluster. Only code we are getting is that the cluster isnt communicating with the TCM?

We believe the CPP switch is the reason the truck isnt starting with the key. Until i figure that out, im running two wires into the cab from the brown/green wire and the positive terminal on the battery and plan on putting them on a switch. The truck starts and runs this way so im going to hook up the tranny lines and flush the tranny and should be drivin this truck later today.

I plan on bypassing the CPP switch to get it to start with the key later. I need some info from yall, which wire under the dash is the hot wire for when the key is in the crank position? Also do you manual guys know which wire(s) on the CPP switch send the signal to the PCM that the pedal is depressed or not depressed? FYI there are four wires on the CPP switch, the colors are black/yellow, green/white, green/purple, yellow/blue. Thanks in advance.

Just fix the CPP switch first, don't go get crazy with all those wires.

brooksfruge

Reaction score
All Im doing is running wires into the cab so I can jump start the truck without having to open the hood, bc I will probably stall the mofo at least once lets be honest

CPP is gonna take some research budday

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
CPP two of them are for PCM input two are to cancel cruise if I recall rightly. But my pc has been "installing update 3 of 7" for like three freaking hours now so I can't verify for you lol.

If I remember one is open when the clutch is pressed and one is closed.

Just order an engine start button from a ford GT and be done with it. Lol

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Cool deal bud! Either you've got 2 right feet or you got the wrong foot on the clutch pedal LOL jk.

brooksfruge

Reaction score
Big thanks to my buddy Morgan for the help with the CPP switch last night and today, couldn't of done it without him, the swap is officially done boys, truck is a blast to drive, still getting used to the manual but it feels great to drive it again, videos and write up to come later

B585Ford

Reaction score
Big thanks to my buddy Morgan for the help with the CPP switch last night and today, couldn't of done it without him, the swap is officially done boys, truck is a blast to drive, still getting used to the manual but it feels great to drive it again, videos and write up to come later

Definitely was a challenging project so CONGRATS on wrapping this thing up.