My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

dsberman94

Reaction score
We change those crankcase breathers every 2 weeks on the dirt racecars, and they run for 20 minutes at a time max. We cover them with a sock and it absorbs almost all of it till they get changed. Not sure that was your best move with the breather.

If your want to, run one of these down to the frame and mount it there. Then run it to atmosphere if you want. Should catch all the smoke from it. Just empty it when you change your oil. http://m.tractorsupply.com/en/store...stainless-steel-screen?localStore=REDDING,+CA

Last edited:

Crack85

Reaction score
so a catch can is what I need? this is leaking oil everywhere from that breather I put which is soaked in oil. I figured maybe there might be a little and it would just vent into the atmosphere but there's oil on the compressor housing of the atmospheric turbo's there's oil on the part of the head, and its leaking onto the ground in 2 different spots, hopefully its all from this and there is no actual leak.

Did you redo the test with the cap just sitting on top of the CCV?

RSK

Reaction score
We change those crankcase breathers every 2 weeks on the dirt racecars, and they run for 20 minutes at a time max. We cover them with a sock and it absorbs almost all of it till they get changed. Not sure that was your best move with the breather.

If your want to, run one of these down to the frame and mount it there. Then run it to atmosphere if you want. Should catch all the smoke from it. Just empty it when you change your oil. http://m.tractorsupply.com/en/store...stainless-steel-screen?localStore=REDDING,+CA

it was like 20 dollars maybe i'll shoot down to tractor supply tomorrow and see if i can pick up one of those and some 1" heater hose and some fittings and clean up the oil on my motor and see if it that is the leak and what is causing it leaves spots about half dollar sized when my truck is parked for an hour or so.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Do the test with the cap upside down on top of the oil fill first like crack said. If it vibrates off all is good. If it's blown off, you've got issues.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
You should never see oil leaking from the vent. Only vapour should be coming out of there. I've been vented to atmosphere for a couple of years now and the end of my ccv hose is dry. With my gearing I turn higher rpms all the time compared to a srw 1 ton and have a better chance of puking it out the ccv. You might have bigger issues.

RSK

Reaction score
Do the test with the cap upside down on top of the oil fill first like crack said. If it vibrates off all is good. If it's blown off, you've got issues.

will do.

You should never see oil leaking from the vent. Only vapour should be coming out of there. I've been vented to atmosphere for a couple of years now and the end of my ccv hose is dry. With my gearing I turn higher rpms all the time compared to a srw 1 ton and have a better chance of puking it out the ccv. You might have bigger issues.

yah there is oil all over the part of the atmo turbo, leaking down the back of the block and onto the pavement...not a constant drip but still not good either....my truck is turning 2000-2500 quite often everyday actually. but I know a f450 with 4.88's is turning that every time you get on the highway. my truck was doing 60 at 2500 when I lost OD and lock up a few weeks back. shut the truck of for 20 mins and it's been fine ever since.

B585Ford

Reaction score

My best guess is he building his CC pressure up too high and that is forcing oil everywhere ....out the filter and in a few other places on the bottom.

RSK

Reaction score
Tsk tsk.... Trade it.... 6.7 baby..... Where's that picture you sent me the other day....

the one with the girl and wanting to be destroyed like a diesels transmission or the one of the brand new platinum white 6.7 that says 0% in huge letters? the amount i'd lose if I traded it in at this point is not worth it, it'd be cheaper to just dump 5k into the motor for reliability and just work the piss out of the truck and fix whatever breaks and plow with it like crazy and once its at 130k by then it will have made me enough money and i'll probably get a matching 6.7 and just keep the 6.4 at that point or trade it in especially if its worth the same or close to it now with 102k as it is at 130k.

I would. See what happens.

I will.

RSK

Reaction score
Personally, I would vent it to see if this cures your problems.

that's the plan, probably order some pistons soon anyways because its not like mine won't be cracking sooner or later anyways, and if I pull them before they crack, most likely will save me quite a bit of money vs. needing machine work on the block.

RedRice589

Reaction score
the one with the girl and wanting to be destroyed like a diesels transmission or the one of the brand new platinum white 6.7 that says 0% in huge letters? the amount i'd lose if I traded it in at this point is not worth it, it'd be cheaper to just dump 5k into the motor for reliability and just work the piss out of the truck and fix whatever breaks and plow with it like crazy and once its at 130k by then it will have made me enough money and i'll probably get a matching 6.7 and just keep the 6.4 at that point or trade it in especially if its worth the same or close to it now with 102k as it is at 130k.

LOL

I will.

Mah.... Gonna lose anyways :)

RSK

Reaction score
Blah blah a real man would make the 7.3 fast....

I thought upgrading the injectors and turbo for that turd and getting custom tunes. Canned tunes are okay....

At the body shop now picking up some new stuff. What could i be getting done now?????

Latest posts

Members online