My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

RSK

Reaction score
F912591A-C3BB-4C8E-97D1-06C033C17314_zps2cpjcotz.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
Id do 50 on the windshield with a 5 strip across the top. I was in a car with 35 on the windshield and you could see at night, but he also had 6k HIDs in the heads and fogs.

RSK

Reaction score
Id do 50 on the windshield with a 5 strip across the top. I was in a car with 35 on the windshield and you could see at night, but he also had 6k HIDs in the heads and fogs.

Ya i have rigid fog lights, and 5.5k Led head light bulbs. So seeing at night is easy enough.

sootie

Reaction score
Think 50% is too dark?

it's perfect. just enough to cut the glare when looking out and to dull the images inside when looking in. not so dark that it attracts attention...

dsberman94

Reaction score
The 5% strip also makes the windshield look like it's less tinted from outside. Even a 2.5% would make it seem even less tinted from the outside.

sootie

Reaction score
tint strips are annoying as ***. i hate looking thru them-one eye in the darker and one in the lighter. also, mostly flipped up tow mirror bro's have them on their trucks

RedRice589

Reaction score
tint strips are annoying as ***. i hate looking thru them-one eye in the darker and one in the lighter. also, mostly flipped up tow mirror bro's have them on their trucks

Tint strips aren't that bad once you really need them I swear with the angles of the sun up north the whole windshield is almost necessary. Down in fla with just the windshield they'll pull you over in a heartbeat. 50% is alright 35% is too dark. Trust me 5% brow is nice when the sun is right above your eyes. Personal preference but I can't bring myself to do the whole windshield. Maybe it's because I have no license lol

sootie

Reaction score
Your head on sideways?

im sorry?! is your head up your ass? next time you have a look at a tint strip tell me that it is straight level across the window. and tell me you never look slightly to the right or left of directly ahead...

LOL I'm sure the OP isn't as stupid as you and could understand what i meant.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
im sorry?! is your head up your ass? next time you have a look at a tint strip tell me that it is straight level across the window. and tell me you never look slightly to the right or left of directly ahead...

ok. hows mine
sarajave.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the tint strip or brow or whatever you wanna call it, i'm gonna do the whole windshield 50%
its not for everyone. if I got pulled over here in michigan for a fully tinted windshield, I would have to pull it off on the spot or get impounded. yes, the brow is more noticeable but it blends in well with black interior/roof line surprisingly well..

berman has a good point on the entire thing covered then a brow added. that blends very well.. I have seen that done.. I would like to have a side window brow added to mine to darken up the tops more. only supposed to have a 3inch strip along the top of the side windows here. need to do the sunroof too. that gets very hot.

RedRice589

Reaction score

If you look at it from directly overhead like standing on the 3rd floor and look down it's straight LOL

6461588b3a96ee348353f8d666497a14_zps0efae3d6.jpg

And no that's not my tan arm and I don't smoke the swisher sweets either.

RedRice589

Reaction score
that one has a chitty curve to it.

It's also chitty quality tint. Purple garbage. Unless the camera just does that.

Camera on my iPad. That curve works it's straight but goes with the curve of the window. My tint guy doesn't use crappy tint lol trust me :)

If it's a flat line it bugs the hell out of me. I like it that way. Straight across also is lower looking on the outside.

Latest posts

Members online