My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

B585Ford

Reaction score
I am too old to get into all the painted this and thats (back in my day chrome was all that), but I do like the way this thing turned out. Looks good.

RSK

Reaction score
I am too old to get into all the painted this and thats (back in my day chrome was all that), but I do like the way this thing turned out. Looks good.

thanks, I got it powder coated, much cheaper and holds up a lot better....

RSK

Reaction score
Figured id ask here instead of the other thread. What are your plans for the suspension? And whats it got now?

good idea, right now I have 4400lb springs up front with stock rancho's that came on the truck and they have 103,000 miles on them.

I have carli 2.5" progressive rate coil springs that have been sitting in the box they were shipped in for 2 months now. Also did a hellwig bigger sway bar upfront, and plant to get one for the rear too... I will be getting a set of fox shocks valved by carli for the front and rear, and eventually order one up offroad Ala's and an adjustable track bar for the truck, and one up offroad traction bars for the rear, which i'm thinking will stay stock height or maybe go up 1-2" with carli add a leafs so it has the factory rake again. I have a set of 35" toyo open country mt's with my name on them paid for at the local tire shop, they have had them sitting there for 2 months now too lol.... that's it for the suspension.

RSK

Reaction score
Looks great!

Thanks, this intercooler is MASSIVE! I need to do some grinding on my hood so it clears the intercooler to shut my fiberglass cowl hood. I was going to call you guys in the morning and ask a few questions but i think grinding the underside of the hood is my best bet.

RSK

Reaction score
Shoulda got a reflexxion LOL

i don't like how the reflexxion hoods look, but there are several other steel hoods, and I know i can sell mine within the hour to my buddy and have a new steel cowl hood here in 2 days...

RSK

Reaction score
A5AC46A4-C5DC-48AB-B809-F3F69C852D45_zpsq12br2nz.jpg

BA0994DD-6426-424D-8291-C90FD83C7B17_zps574ncq2n.jpg

5AE5398C-F380-43E5-B53F-D638E019E23F_zpsgjo7ufh3.jpg

anyone thinking about getting the carli progressive rate coils and carli valved fox shocks don't even hesitate...they handle so much better and combined with the hell wig big wig sway bar up front. I can literally cut the wheel at 30-35 and take a hard turn easy with little body roll. still on street tires for another few days, hopefully be on 35" toyo mt's by the weekend. then combined with the fox shocks valved by carli this is much better ride. even my buddy with 08 mega cab cummins with fox shocks with resi's and 20's and 35's said my truck rides a lot smoother then his. I can't wait to do the one off road ala's and dual steering stabilizers or maybe just do the carli valved single...

also I plan to do the Carli add a leaf in the rear as well to soften up the azz end of the truck, and give the truck an even better ride.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
The Carlie setup is very nice. I might look into it now. My truck rides like a brick.

And IMO but that black bumper looks fugly. Would've been way nicer white and just put some frogskin on it to protect from chips with a black carriage works bumper insert to accent the main grille.

RSK

Reaction score
The Carlie setup is very nice. I might look into it now. My truck rides like a brick.

And IMO but that black bumper looks fugly. Would've been way nicer white and just put some frogskin on it to protect from chips with a black carriage works bumper insert to accent the main grille.

Thanks. And i agree paint to match will look better, but this was all about cost. And the black carriage works insert would look good but i'm doing a rigid m series 20" light bar. For paint to match front and rear bumpers including new plastics was gonna be close to 2000 if i remember correctly. So i did the front bumper powdercoated for 160 with the tow hooks, i think the black looks better then chrome. And i'm anti chrome, so mission accomplished on that.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. Hopefully in the future you will be able ptm when you got the cash cause it will very good.

RSK

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. Hopefully in the future you will be able ptm when you got the cash cause it will very good.

Lol i have the money now, just painting to match bumpers is low on the priority list. I figured leveling it and doing new shocks was money better spent and buying a nasty stainless fisher xv2 was a better way to spend my money. i may do the bumpers this year still, still have quite a few parts to buy to finish stage one of my build and bumpers aren't on it. I'd rather spend 3000 on the wilwood big brake kit or buy an rcd 75 over painting bumpers. I just didn't want to spend that much more on asthetics. Need to focus on reliabilty mods or dropping my egt's when towing.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Thanks. And i agree paint to match will look better, but this was all about cost. And the black carriage works insert would look good but i'm doing a rigid m series 20" light bar. For paint to match front and rear bumpers including new plastics was gonna be close to 2000 if i remember correctly. So i did the front bumper powdercoated for 160 with the tow hooks, i think the black looks better then chrome. And i'm anti chrome, so mission accomplished on that.

let me know if you need the hookup on the rigid stuff... I'll take care of ya! :thumbsup:

RSK

Reaction score
Thanks, i like the black bumper and i like paint to match even more but i have things more important then buying new king ranch bumpers to have painted. Really i just hated the chrome so, for 160 dollars to remove the chrome and get something that would match was a win/win situation. I'll have ptm bumpers on by summer/fall 2015

Latest posts

Members online