My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

RSK

Reaction score
Coolant still flows thru them. So if one fails. Coolant in cylinders and boom.

hmm i guess i'll have them deleted when the new radiator hose goes on next week. probably not much much more work to delete the egr coolers then just to change the hose. i'd bet the front of the truck has to come anyways.

Last edited:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Should've been on the check list when you tuned it LOL coolers removed-check.

But look at all the connections on that side of the engine. So many coolant passages. And a lot of plastic junk that cracks. If it's the hose sunrise will have it. Anything else they will too. Best prices.

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
Should've been on the check list when you deleted it LOL coolers removed-check.

But look at all the connections on that side of the engine. So many coolant passages. And a lot of plastic junk that cracks. If it's the hose sunrise will have it. Anything else they will too. Best prices.

I have ordered a few things from sunrise ford, they are good! It's going to my mechanic tomorrow or maybe saturday, he will look at monday, and let me know what it is. I don't have the shop to work on my stuff yet, i'm sure i'm more then capable of changing out radiator hoses, even on 6.4 but i have no where to work on stuff.

RSK

Reaction score
Well hopefully it's just a hose. That's a pretty straight forward fix.

its dripping right out of where the connection in between the pieces on the white part of the radiator hose up near the water pump, middle of the motor, drivers side. it's dry above that...

RSK

Reaction score
Well hopefully it's just a hose. That's a pretty straight forward fix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFw8YezQ9QE

according to this video, I can actually do this myself without removing anything but the hoses....

Sounds like a good time to put an all aluminum radiator in it too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no....not yet. maybe in October, deff don't want the radiator or up pipes leaking while i might need to be plowing snow. that would be bad news.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
If it's the hose then you can do it yourself. Make sure you have a big drain pan. And don't pull so hard on the lower connection unless you're wearing rain gear.

RSK

Reaction score
If it's the hose then you can do it yourself. Make sure you have a big drain pan. And don't pull so hard on the lower connection unless you're wearing rain gear.

it really is looking like its just the hose again, i think the napa hose even though it has two o-rings in it, is just junk...

RSK

Reaction score
rain gear FTW.

rain gear along with bd 6.0 manifolds with rcd stainless conversion up pipes, and alradco radiator, with a full egr delete, add the no limit cold side kit, and a barder 73mm atmo to finish it off ftmfw! give the truck a little more bite to go with the big bark it has...

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
comment was more about....

if you do it in your driveway, your probably going to get wet. :D

dsberman94

Reaction score
Your going to get wet whether you drain the coolant or not. Even draining the coolant I was never able to pull that dam thing off just enough to let it dribble out into a catch pan. Just a tsunami of coolant everywhere and all at once. Multiple times. A very small tsunami because the coolant was drained at the little pisser on the bottom of the rad.

Latest posts

Members online