My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
But its that half second from when you either separate the two hoses, or open the drain. Lol

Either way, carry on.

It's interesting to follow this......journey your on with your truck, and see just where you end up with.

Following this thread, and how many times you've taken a detour, its like you and your wife are on a road trip, and you gave her the map, she turned it upside down In side out and backwards, and you've never taken it back. You just keep going where she tells you, all over, turn after turn, blindly hoping you end up where you want to go, smiling all the way.

Carry on. :)

CAT35niner

Reaction score
i have a few 5 gallon pails kicking around.....

5 gallon pail is gonna suck for the bottom hose. I used the bottom of a 55 drum and still made a mess. But if you put a piece of 3/8" rubber hose on the little tit that sticks out by the rad drain you can drain a good amount out without a mess. Then pull the lower hose lol.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Sweet, glad it's not something major. Get those egrs deleted,as well. That black tar that ends up in your intake manifold and intake passages is nasty nasty stuff. Getting a new, CLEAN, ported intake manifold will help it breathe a lot better just for the simple fact that it doesn't have the tar in there.

6.0 exhaust manifolds are way better flowing, there was a comparison pic floating around a while back, stock vs stock. The bd units look very nice, I've seen some in person and if they were around when I bought mine I would have gotten those, but for the 40 I spent on 6.0 manis I can't complain.

As far as a radiator, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.... You aren't going to gain anything. A lot of premature failures are probably from over pressuring the coolant system from bad head gaskets. Good luck getting it back in the road!!! Loving the high hp plow truck!!

RSK

Reaction score
Sweet, glad it's not something major. Get those egrs deleted,as well. That black tar that ends up in your intake manifold and intake passages is nasty nasty stuff. Getting a new, CLEAN, ported intake manifold will help it breathe a lot better just for the simple fact that it doesn't have the tar in there.

6.0 exhaust manifolds are way better flowing, there was a comparison pic floating around a while back, stock vs stock. The bd units look very nice, I've seen some in person and if they were around when I bought mine I would have gotten those, but for the 40 I spent on 6.0 manis I can't complain.

As far as a radiator, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.... You aren't going to gain anything. A lot of premature failures are probably from over pressuring the coolant system from bad head gaskets. Good luck getting it back in the road!!! Loving the high hp plow truck!!

I wouldn't expect to gain anything from an all aluminum radiator except no leaks. Even the 6.0 exhaust mani's probably don't make enough of a difference to see anything at the rear wheels but every little bit adds up...I plan to dyno it again on stock fuel but with upgraded air. At fall brawl in PA on the same dyno i was on in the spring.

sootie

Reaction score
6.0 manifolds are not a power mod. the reason to do them is that the elbow is cast into the manifold which flows better and is much less stressful on your uppipes.

RSK

Reaction score
6.0 manifolds are not a power mod. the reason to do them is that the elbow is cast into the manifold which flows better and is much less stressful on your uppipes.

I understood that, i was referring to other small upgrades that alone won't do much but as a whole the difference is noticeable.

RSK

Reaction score
well small update on my turd, got my new rad hoses from sunrise ford, new hardware to mount my 6.0 manifold's, manifold gaskets and got my manifolds for 40 bucks they are super clean! anyways I have been super busy with landscaping work, and cutting my lawns, finally had some time to drop my manifolds off at my powder coating guy to have them sand blasted and they are getting ceramic coated rated for 1800* the coating is silver, they should be done sometime next week, hope to pick up a turbo, and ported intake manifold, and 6.0/6.4 conversion up pipes in the next few weeks if things go as planned.

3brorce

Reaction score
I was told the black was good for higher heat than the silver but I guess it all just depends.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.