My new to me tow rig: 2002 F350 Dually

dsberman94

Reaction score
1/4" ratchet with a 2" extension gets it for me I think. If it isn't a 2" it's a 3". It's the one that comes with the kit I have. Short turns but I can do it my finger after a few turns. I used to play around with the universals for the sockets but it was a waste of time. Passenger side bottom 3 are easiest to get to if you can kneel on the header support in front of the battery. Reach your left arm down and get the socket on the from the bottom. Sometimes have to hold the ratchet down with a finger from the right hand. Easiest way I've found.
My tool kit is something like a 180 piece craftsman set from shortly before they turned into Chinese garbage. Had to replace one of mine and the new one is complete garbage.

Also I found the finger ratchets at harbor freight. I haven't had the opportunity to try them on the back bolt yet but they're worth a shot if you wanted to try them.

Never had much of an issue with the driver side.

As for a gooseneck hitch, b&w is $439 on eBay as well as etrailer. Drawtite is cheaper but I feel b&w is definitely top of the line. So does the guy I bought the outer bracket from today. I'm ordering the center section tomorrow so I can hopefully install it next weekend. Saved myself quite a bit of cash with this deal.

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
We got the drivers side done, started on the pass. side but had to come in to say good night to my grand kids. If I don't do side work tomorrow I'll try to get the pass. side done. I was in there looking for a low speed miss- wiring looked good, we'll see what the other side looks like.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I second the B&W. Only thing I don't like about the B&W is you have to lower the exhaust on some trucks. Makes it look like your driving around with a broken exhaust hanger.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Only on 05 and newer.

BS Hauler

Reaction score
Hey Blue. I have an 02 CCLB dually. I have the B and W flip over ball. Love it. Fits like a glove. You don't have to take the box off but I did as I have a skid so its pretty easy. I also have a MBRP full 4 inch turbo back exhaust and I don't have my spare under the truck. I am not going to get it out from under it if I need it anyways.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I will post in wanted if needed, but does anybody have a right side valve cover? I found a little bit too much rust on the one that is on there. I'm going to check around junk yards i the morning as well.

heavydoc

Reaction score
I've got the B&W turn over ball with companion 5th wheel hitch in my 02 cclb drw and love it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bluedge8

Reaction score
Not to discount the b&w, but I found a copy cat draw tite for half the money, rated at 25k lbs, any particular reason to buy the b&w over the draw tite?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
B&w is 30k lbs. if it is truly a copy cat product, the same reason you wouldn't buy anything from sinister diesel.

I actually found a killer deal for my b&w. $75 for the bracket, $180 shipped for the center section.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
The good thing about b&w is if you ever decide to do a 5th wheel you can get he adapter that drops in the ball location. You don't have to change anything out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling B.

Reaction score
So things I am planning on doing with the truck:
Selling the topper
adding a tonneau cover
installing a goose neck hitch
new skins, 235/85/16 BFG all terrain KO 2's
Fix the low speed miss
new stat
6637 air filter
Fox 2.0's
Entertaining new front springs
double din radio
Tekonsha P3 brake controller
Having the inj's gone through, would like to end up with 160cc's
Adrenaline Hpop
I bought a Hydra to replace the ottomind and transcommand
Upgrading the mirrors- I will most likely buy through 1a auto for those.
remote start

Any recommendations on a goose neck hitch? I will want something with minimal protrusion into the bed and easy to use.

Can I mod the existing rear seat to the newer style or would I have to switch out the whole seat?
I have a bunch of other questions but will post later.

B&W for the win; I wouldn't consider anything else for my truck

bluedge8

Reaction score
Any thoughts on why the steering doesn't return to center? I'm thinking something like a ball joint may be partially seized

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk