My new to me tow rig: 2002 F350 Dually

morepower02

Reaction score
Someone might have turned the steering box adjuster in too many turns. It will take the free play out of the steering wheel but will not center on its own. Also inspect front u joints as they still spin a little when the hubs are unlocked. Will notice that when turning a corner and it wants to keep pulling.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
View attachment 46399View attachment 46400View attachment 46401View attachment 46402

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Anyone know why when I upload from my phone using tapatalk it turns the pics sideways?
because you have to hold your phone sideways to take a pic. not up..

also, I'd be surprised if you have more than stock injectors.. sd's run quite a bit better then an obs..
Thanks Billy, I will probably check it out this weekend.

prolly get a set of valve covers from a vendor.. I think those are not that bad price wise....

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

bluedge8

Reaction score
because you have to hold your phone sideways to take a pic. not up..

also, I'd be surprised if you have more than stock injectors.. sd's run quite a bit better then an obs..

prolly get a set of valve covers from a vendor.. I think those are not that bad price wise....

live life full throttle

Yep, I think it has stock inj's now that I had the valve covers off. I bought a vc from Ford, one of the competing dealers that sponsors FTE and a few others online is right in the twin cities so I get 20% over cost. I have a hydra for it but haven't had time to pull the banks chit off yet, looks like I have to un-modify the trans harness to get rid of the trans command.

On the phone pic, the phone was turning the pic on its own, showed the landscape symbol even though the pic was taken in portrait, I have since posted pics and they came out right, idk?

Have you ever ***ked with the dually marker lights? I haven't been able to get them to snap back in.

heavydoc

Reaction score
Have you ever ***ked with the dually marker lights? I haven't been able to get them to snap back in.

My right red one is like that, if the plastic clips aren't broken try rebending the metal retaining clip.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Any thoughts on why the steering doesn't return to center? I'm thinking something like a ball joint may be partially seized

Or the steering stabilizer is shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It has one, I was going to pop it off to see if it makes any difference.
it is prolly that or balljoints.. unless there is a cam over effect when steering then I doubt your steering box is to tight.. usually, you don't need to mess with the steering box gears till after 150k miles.. stays pretty tight for the most part..

live life full throttle

bluedge8

Reaction score
So, I've been working two jobs and just driving the truck. One thing that I have to address sooner than later is the cold start smoke. It smokes bad, doesn't matter if it's 35-40* out or 0*. It's bad enough that I can't let it warm up in front of the house if there isn't a strong wind because the smoke just hangs and I'm sure it's getting into the neighbors house. When it warms up it barely smokes at all, if any. I will grab a video and try to post it. I was wondering if inj's that need replaced can smoke that much?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Mine just kinda does that when it's cold. I blame it on the extra fuel and probably some low compression also.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So, I've been working two jobs and just driving the truck. One thing that I have to address sooner than later is the cold start smoke. It smokes bad, doesn't matter if it's 35-40* out or 0*. It's bad enough that I can't let it warm up in front of the house if there isn't a strong wind because the smoke just hangs and I'm sure it's getting into the neighbors house. When it warms up it barely smokes at all, if any. I will grab a video and try to post it. I was wondering if inj's that need replaced can smoke that much?
does it still have all the banks tuning garbage on it? but yeah, worn injectors or poor compression can make her smoke like a freight train..

what oil did you put in it when you changed the oil when you got it home? lol

live life full throttle

bluedge8

Reaction score
I put cheap **** in it, I actually couldn't get the filter off, gorilla tight- broke my filter wrench on it. I won't put LE in it until I get it worked on. This is not white smoke, it is blue smoke, and a lot of it. I may get time for a vid tomorrow.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I put cheap **** in it, I actually couldn't get the filter off, gorilla tight- broke my filter wrench on it. I won't put LE in it until I get it worked on. This is not white smoke, it is blue smoke, and a lot of it. I may get time for a vid tomorrow.

try delo 15w40.. you should know this by now.. lol.. LE is basically the same price.. just sayin..

live life full throttle

bluedge8

Reaction score
eh, the plan was to just get it changed, go a couple of weeks then change it again, then life got in the way. I'll try delo, but I do want to get smoke diagnosed before I put good oil in it.