My no frills (only necessity) build

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Hahaha love the pics bud ! Build really seemed to come together nicely !

Your poor poor rearend lol

For power wise for those who are asking.... A similar setup we have a another truck has made on fuel 930@1850ftlbs all before 3k rpm! Very usable !!

Another customer has our 68vgt paired with a 82precision made 917@1830ftlbs as well.

Also it's about time you got these pics up here lol been forever:clapping::thumbsup:

YOU!!!!! Thanks boss! I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the help and the top notch products! Too bad you can't see half of it under everything. And you guys shut up about the rear. It had it coming, looking at me that way all smug and whatnot!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
And for everybody else who is at this point probably wondering about the rear. I wasn't planning on pulling my truck after this little round of upgrades, but....... My dad basically said I would never break the rear and wouldn't listen to me saying I would break the thing. So he pretty much called me a pussy after that and said that if I could break it he would fix it. Sooo I hooked to the sled and well haha I broke it! But I told him he's not fixing it. Its my truck and I don't do the "daddy's money" thing like a lot of people do. I guess it was the push I needed to hook it to the sled. But with that being said. I really wasn't ready to pull with it. I had been driving it around and whatnot, but I hadn't really ran it hard yet. I have a lot of tuning to do to clean it up and get it to 100%. So I didn't have my gates set correctly nor anything else for that matter. Then I checked out my data log after the pull. I forgot to bump up my rev limiter so it only turned 4200 rpms, (running 2nd gear high range marked 1st on the stick with 3.73 gears on 35 inch tires) I apparently developed a boost leak since I only made 47 pounds of boost ( I make over 55 psi on the street on a quick pull) and my wastegate was blowing open at 65 psi to the atmosphere instead of 85. So with all of those problems it still broke the rear. That means its making at least some power! It stretched the pinion so much it actually hit the differential and the differential blew all of the bolts that hold it together right out haha

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL Hey now! I did as I promised, I did 2 burnouts fwd style on the way home from that pull with my rear drive shaft and both rear axles lying in the bed of my truck!

danny elmore drove a couple hundred miles like that once. musta been fun !

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Oh and the rpms never dropped one bit from start to finish during the pull. It had every bit of power it needed to maintain them. So I really wished of all the things that I wasn't ready with, that I had at least bumped the limiter up to 5k or more. If for nothing other than wheel speed. Which was 32mph.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
danny elmore drove a couple hundred miles like that once. musta been fun !

LOL Awesome! I gotta ask, why? And it was a little tricky trying to accelerate and not break it loose. But one of my cummins buddies wanted to bust my balls about it being a lawn ornament now. So that night I loaded up the kids and took them for ice cream in it. I then proceeded to text him to suck it!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
It's been a long time coming. I'm glad it's done! And now I have my stock motor sitting on the corner all complete. Just in case for any reason I need it. All I Gotta do is swap them out. Hopefully I Don't ever need to!

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I think I addressed the weak areas enough to not need the other engine. But just for that off chance, I have it.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I had to do the fwd crawl once. Nothing like a 900hp crawl but turning through town wasn't the greatest thing in the world. Not sure how you snuck this one past the wife but props to ya on that.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
She thinks I only did turbos. It was a real tough one! Trying to build this thing at night and when she wasn't around or I wasn't at work or watching my 2 kids. But I pulled It off! She asked me a few times of I thought the motor would handle it or blow up. I just said eh I hope not! Haha

NY_Mott

Reaction score
He's been lieing about size for all these years; so caint be hard transitioning to keeping secerts about the motor..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lipka101

Reaction score
She thinks I only did turbos. It was a real tough one! Trying to build this thing at night and when she wasn't around or I wasn't at work or watching my 2 kids. But I pulled It off! She asked me a few times of I thought the motor would handle it or blow up. I just said eh I hope not! Haha

Thats impressive in itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reaction score

And shipping every ***king thing to my house! The damn UPS man needed a new set of tires after all the times he went up and down my damn driveway lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk