My progress/small build thread

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Lol I'm just messin.
273137cfadba4da7476c8cdc6bb937dc.jpg

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Well, ****ty news guys. Truck is dropping Rail Pressure. It fluctuates between 20-21.2k and I even saw 19.5k. Turned the tune down and it held RP but still only trapped 102 because of the smaller tune.

Was talking with Jared and I'm thinking I may have had a weak pump for a while. Even on my 12.83 pass on stock turbos it only trapped 102.9. Seems like everyone else is in the 104-105 area.

So, looks like I'll need a hpfp at some point soon. This freaking blows

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Well, ****ty news guys. Truck is dropping Rail Pressure. It fluctuates between 20-21.2k and I even saw 19.5k. Turned the tune down and it held RP but still only trapped 102 because of the smaller tune.

Was talking with Jared and I'm thinking I may have had a weak pump for a while. Even on my 12.83 pass on stock turbos it only trapped 102.9. Seems like everyone else is in the 104-105 area.

Damn, sorry that's the case buddy. I'm glad it wasn't somethin worse though.

- A vet' that's gone from a 7.3 to a 6.7, tryin to gather info & help out when I can. New to the 6.7 & PSA. Please excuse my potential FNG ways.

JrStroker

Reaction score

I thought that may be the problem.... I hate to hear it man, going threw the same problem with mine now, again. Good luck to ya. Sunrise is the cheapest for a "new" one. Plus they all come with a 2 year warrenty now. So if it goes in the future, you're covered.

madman1234509

Reaction score
If you're losing rail pressure I can almost garuntee a low pressure fuel system won't remedy anything, only be the next step towards twin pumps. Best bet is to keep the tune down to where it can maintain and get a twin pump set up and throw it on. Weather or not you get 1 or 2 pumps would be up to debate I guess. Cheaper low mileage pumps are easy to find. I used a 40k mile pump as my secondary and I have no issues with it so far. But again, some absolutely refuse to use used pumps. But for 200 I couldn't pass it up.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Sure would. But will a new reman even hold rail pressure on a big tune? And if so for how long? That's all I was thinking. But for what all new injectors would cost a new pump is cheap.

I thought someone found with dual pumps, even with 100% nozzles the pumps don't even come close to what the duty cycle is with a single stock pump on a race tune.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Sure would. But will a new reman even hold rail pressure on a big tune? And if so for how long? That's all I was thinking. But for what all new injectors would cost a new pump is cheap.

I thought someone found with dual pumps, even with 100% nozzles the pumps don't even come close to what the duty cycle is with a single stock pump on a race tune.
That's what I was wondering. I told the tuners to give it ever drop of fuel they could so that makes me wonder if any factory pump would keep up...

So, options.

Option 1:
Drive it like it is and save money for a while and do dual fuel and 60% or 100%. Maybe use my stock pump as the secondary pump and get a new one for the valley?

Option 2:
Start with fuel filters then try a lpfs. If neither of those work then right back to option 1.

Option 3:
Skip all that and replace hpfp with a new pump.

......and add option 1 down the road lol

What say you?

swinky

Reaction score

Yeah they don't seem to be happy for very long when they're being pushed.

JrStroker

Reaction score
That's what I was wondering. I told the tuners to give it ever drop of fuel they could so that makes me wonder if any factory pump would keep up...

So, options.

Option 1:
Drive it like it is and save money for a while and do dual fuel and 60% or 100%. Maybe use my stock pump as the secondary pump and get a new one for the valley?

Option 2:
Start with fuel filters then try a lpfs. If neither of those work then right back to option 1.

Option 3:
Skip all that and replace hpfp with a new pump.

......and add option 1 down the road lol

What say you?
You never know when they will go out. My stock pump acted up and threw a code every now and then for over a year on a race tune and I finally replaced it. Then this reman had 15k in 13 months on a race tune and it just went out, out of no where. No warning. So I'm still praying my injectors are okay.

I'd say run it, save money, get either 2 remans or 1 reman and a good used one. Then do dual fuelers. With mild nozzles.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Even 2 good used ones that are originals out of trucks would save some money.

I'd keep the tune turned down and save for a kit, keep on the look out for a cheap used one in the mean time. Grab at least one more good used or reman, whatever you prefer and your budget allows.

As far as a low pressure system, you're eventually going to need one, if you go to twin pumps. So whether you do it now or all at the same time, I guess it really only depends on budget. But don't rush into getting one thinking it's going to relieve your problem. Its most likely too much fuel being commanded causing rail pressure to drop, not a weak lpfp. Easy way to check is to put a gauge on it temporarily.

swinky

Reaction score
Take it for its worth, but I have never gotten a reman Ford pump to hold full pressure on stock nozzels with a 2.2 pulse tune.
That's partly what lead me to duals.

Jared has a gauge so I'm going to at least check the low pressure system. Where do we tie it into the system at? I haven't even looked
You know I'm just going to use the gauge off my regulated return right? Lol I got 3ft of hose too so we can run a gauge under the windshield wiper and go beat on it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.