My s475 winter project

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
If you were planning on having it apart in the near future I would start gathering parts to convert it. Blowing the stc fittings on the rails is a b*tch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just need to justify it coming apart in my head. 10sec drive it when I want truck. Like right now I have a hpo leak somewhere either the stc or the driver side oil rail. I have oil up to the icp sensor is why I think that. Or low compression which isn't out of the question either.

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
Your guess is as good as mine. I mean that's what I was told. Probably the same reason the made this motor so long lol
I was just under the impression that icp on the valve cover = new style pump. I'm probably wrong though lol. That motor is making me a little more confident in mine.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
I was just under the impression that icp on the valve cover = new style pump. I'm probably wrong though lol. That motor is making me a little more confident in mine.

Some 04s have new some old pumps. All 04s have new style rails tho. Yea my motor has been a tough motor that's for sure lol. That's what kinda makes me want to push it but I don't want to push it and wreck an injector.

swinky

Reaction score
They're stronger than people give them credit for. Mine looked pretty solid at 225k miles. You going to sell it before you do rods?

swinky

Reaction score
It's hard to say man. Imo if you're going to do billet rods you might as well put a 4r in it. Then you could even go back to a 475 or even a 472 and spray the nuts off it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.