need CCV mod pics

Nic

Reaction score
lets see them for the 6.0 ...i want to do this top mine buit unsure of where to put it..who has homeade theirs and has had no problems?

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
I don't have any pics, but where it comes out of the valve cover there is a 90° fitting that I spun around, and I placed a small piece (3-4") of 3/4 hose to a PVC 90 so it is now facing down toward the back of the truck/ground and ran 3/4 hose down the inner fender toward the ground. removed the fitting from three intake and plugged it.

If you have another vehicle, once you take it apart it is easy to see and one trip to the hardware store and your done.

There is no secrets really unless your making a catch can. Just don't have any restrictions/kinks or any low spots in the line.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bigdirty

Reaction score
Use 1 inch expandable freeze plug to plug the hole in the air intake. And maybe a little RTV for fun

Nic

Reaction score
tell me would this work...im thinking of making my own catch box with a drain on the firewall..re-routing to that catch box and then the exit going back to the intake..that way theres still vacuum but catching it first..like adding a middle man..would this work?

tried a description on paint

ccvidea.jpg

windrunner408

Reaction score
If you dont have emissions, I would just go to lowes and get about 10ft of 1in diameter heater hose and run it from the dog house to your frame and then use jb weld to plug the hole in the intake tube. You can do the whole thing $20 or less and mine has been working like a champ for over 20k miles so far. Only on hot days do I smell it. I have never seen one drop and I dont have any spray on anything. I also dont believe that 1in hose can freeze itself shut either if you live in cold areas. Hope this helps.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
tell me would this work...im thinking of making my own catch box with a drain on the firewall..re-routing to that catch box and then the exit going back to the intake..that way theres still vacuum but catching it first..like adding a middle man..would this work?

tried a description on paint

ccvidea.jpg

Yes i have seen where people do that, and there are kits available that do it that way. Just be careful that there is no low spots or anyway to pressurize the crankcase.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My intercooler tubes, intake tube, and the compressor on turbo are spotless and dry. Also helps keeping intercooler boots on with high boost becuse there is no more crankcase oil to saturate them. :poke:

Zmann

Reaction score
the drains are closed until you open them to drain fluid
it's not open to the atmosphere so no filter required

537_PCVOCC1.JPG

Latest posts

Members online