Need some help

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-07-09-08-25-51.jpg

This is close to what he has except it has a direction pad on it I know.
it's touch screen too that's what he will read off of.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would have them change the oil cooler for piece of mind i stead of just resealing it. Especially with all the issues you have had, you dont want bad chit happening a couple thousand miles down the road.

And have them do what rykan said.... Is there a factory filter on it? And are both check valves in the cooler? The one on the bottom of where the oil filter is and the one in the top of the oil filter standpipe?

1badpsd

Reaction score
I'm still somewhat confused on the things they are finding. Earlier in the thread you were saying they were completely tearing it down and redoing the whole job shop #1 did. If its been torn down to the block, why are they just discovering things like oil cooler and stripped rail bolts on what if I've read correctly is the second or 3rd time shop #2 has torn into it?

DieselMater86

Reaction score
No your right that's what I have been saying to him don't sound right. But he won't answer me till Monday now. All I can say is it won't go to another small shop no matter if I do know the guy. I will do it if I ever have time or go to full force. I'm tired of this crap the guy that was doing the work was good but then he up and quit halfway through the job now I'm getting screwed around again. The other guy that was going to won't answer his phone so I said hell naw been through that once already

heavydoc

Reaction score
Wish I was there. I know you don't know me but I love problems like this 90% of the time it is or started as something very easy to fix. People uneducated in these engines turn them into nightmares.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ghohouston

Reaction score
You have an oil issue on the high pressure side of youre building 250+ psi icp. Bad ipr, injector o rings/injectors not torqued properly, stc fitting, hpop o ring,etc.

Last edited:

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Ipr is brand new hpop brand new. He found it missing one of the check balls top side I believe. Putting new ball cup seals on the driver side now we're missing. Found out the first shop stole my hpop good pump for his bad one, my oil cooler, also. He has a parts truck and is going to get a check ball from it and finish up the driver side hoping for it to start tomorrow. We had along talk and we are on the same page. He has a lot going on and shorthanded. So we will see how he does this week.

Reaction score
Ipr is brand new hpop brand new. He found it missing one of the check balls top side I believe. Putting new ball cup seals on the driver side now we're missing. Found out the first shop stole my hpop good pump for his bad one, my oil cooler, also. He has a parts truck and is going to get a check ball from it and finish up the driver side hoping for it to start tomorrow. We had along talk and we are on the same page. He has a lot going on and shorthanded. So we will see how he does this week.

I'm lost on what "check balls" you're referring to. 260 psi cranking indicates a small leak in the system. They need to install an air fitting in the ICP sensor port and command the IPR shut with a scan tool. You should see oil being pushed out of whatever is leaking. Only other way is to crank it with the valve covers off, FICM unhooked, and look for an oil leak. This will deadhead the rails since the spool valves won't be cycling.

Reaction score
Also, since it is an '03, you have no stand pipes or dummy plugs. So the only places it can leak are 1) the high pressure fitting that bolts to the top of the hpop and slides into the pump cover for IPR control 2) The feed pipes the screw into the brand tubes down near the lifters or 3) at the injectors themselves, either the top oring or the oring on the oil rail. Unless someone didn't get the snap to connect fittings on the rails and feed pipes in all the way.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well thanks for that information I copy and sent it straight to him. I'm not there so can't say what has been done and what hasn't been. He has been on it and trying to get it back together running right. It was in horrible shape from the first shop. He called me yesterday and we talked about the plan of action plus I have been sending him info also.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Also, since it is an '03, you have no stand pipes or dummy plugs. So the only places it can leak are 1) the high pressure fitting that bolts to the top of the hpop and slides into the pump cover for IPR control 2) The feed pipes the screw into the brand tubes down near the lifters or 3) at the injectors themselves, either the top oring or the oring on the oil rail. Unless someone didn't get the snap to connect fittings on the rails and feed pipes in all the way.

It can also leak in the lines going to the rails, the fittings for the lines atthe rails, where the line to the rail attatches to the stand pipe, or seeing as how the first shop managed to *** it up so good, could be the quick connect on the branch tubes to the jumper tube that bolts tothe op of the pump, or any number of o rings that couldve gotten pinched, doubled up, etc.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
I believe that is what he is trying to trace down is a oring or seal that's pinched. I think I might be up there helping this weekend if he doesn't get it this week. Throw in a helping hand as much as I can. I'm really missing my truck and just want it to be right.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Had one the other day, the guy put his own hpop in. He doubled up the little o ring under the discharge tube.

Latest posts

Members online