Need some help

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Wow anything can happen that's why I'm not getting passed off at every little thing. That and he is answering the phone and texting me updates. Which had a big one today he got the truck started idling anf rev it up a bit. Going to finish up some odd ends and changing the oil. Going to be test drove tomorrow and Friday to double and triple check things before I come up. So hopefully this is the end of the road and the light at the end of the tunnel. Just gonna wait and see how it goes now.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
okay right now just waiting on a gasket it has been together and apart so much gasket for hpop cover developed a leak so he is replacing it and test drive it again just to make sure the leak is gone and I can come pick it up.
I will keep yall posted hopefully clean her up and post up some pics maybe get a video. I'm working nights this week so instead of sleep right now I'm waiting haha.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Ok so now it went from running and driving with a hpop cover oil leak. To now the lpop is broken off completely. So how in the hell does this happen. Correct me if I'm wrong but the truck wouldn't have even started like this no lpop right. He told me yesterday he has been cranking on it like crazy killed my batteries had to charge them up and said it should be running first thing this morning. Then not even a hour after he opens I get a text telling me about the lpop

heavydoc

Reaction score
I dont even know what to say. It will start and run till the hpop reservoir empties. It dont believe their to be low oil pressure shut off for the engine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Okay miscommunication it's a broke cover wasn't anything 65 bucks have the part tomorrow. So this should be all the leaks. The first shop broke a ear off it go figure that one. There will be videos and pics this weekend. I miss read what he said after getting home from work at 7am haha. I'm very excited just need to start saving for trans build haha I will never stop with this truck.

Okay tunes who and what to get

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Damn man, bet that scared the chit outta ya... Glad to hear you may actually get some seattime in it here soon...

As far as tunes, ill probably get lit up for it, but i like idps tunes. Havent tried gh yet, and i know most will say them, but i got nothing to compare. I had a couple back and forths with idp to finally get a really good.reduced fuel tune that smomes about like my truck did on stock fuel and air with their extreme street tune, but it has a lot more balls. My tsd tunes are good too, but i seem to have intermittent soft shifts on the spd, and i heard they are getting out of writing 6.0 tunes. I got mine thru Charlie at KC. In my opinion, it is probably gonna take a revision or two witb anyones tunes to get them spot on, how you want them. The idp tunes for whatever its worth make more.power as well from what Charlie has tested, buttheir race tune has 0 driveability. Hope that helps some.

1SlowDmax

Reaction score
From what I've read it sounds like you've gotten the run around from the second shop too. I don't get how after tearing the motor down twice they're still finding things to blame on shop 1. Also, why would shop 1 have the harmonic balancer off to do studs? It sounds like the second guy is just breaking things or screwing up and blaming it on shop 1.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well shop one got it back after it was supposedly done and only lasted 20 minutes and then after 2 months more I had to involve the cops to get the truck back in pieces and missing all stolen parts. They pulled the lpop cover to see if the gears were shattered trying to put a bandaid on the truck they screwed. My truck came out ahead the others really.
A guy I met after this his 12v went in for a head job injectors and a few other things. After chasing the guy down on the phone doing what I did minus cops. He got his truck and within 500 miles his motor is done burnt piston cracked head and much more. So I feel like finding a few things is part of it since the mechanic he had on it at shop 2 quit and he had to step in middle of the job. I have him he'll yes but now 9 months and 9k in labor the beast will live.
yes that's my total on labor not parts so to everyone saving money is not the way to go. It's going to full force from now on.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Hey thanks I was looking at quick tricks but never heard anything out of them really.
I will look into these two more. For sure ibhave bigger injectors, bigger turbo, stock ficm now and stock trans for now.

Also what you guys think I have the cts2 should I go with the fuel pressure reading which is a isspro sensor. Or go manual gauge if so it will be isspro also

PSD_

Reaction score
I'll chime I'm for everyone who didn't actually see the truck. I'M the owner of shop 2 and yes a guy quit on me. I was on military orders for 2 weeks so there was a delay on getting back to the truck. Went straight to work on it and found The oil rail stripped after changing the injector pigtail that was missing a pin and tapped the rocker box then it started right up. HPOP was indeed bad and ipr was full of metal. After reseal in the ressivor cover it was discovered the ear hole was broken of the LPOP cover that I haven't touched (for the guy saying we probably broke it) along with everything else missing and or stolen yes this truck was a MESS!!!! I've not given anyone the run-around or anything of that nature. The things that WICKED DIESEL messed up I've fixed and the truck is actually running. Thanks to the guys supporting me in this venture.

Last edited:

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing it up not really towards you on some of it being it been a long hard road with this. Truck I have a lot of respect for you after the mess it was in and I appreciate all you have done for me .

Latest posts

Members online