New 2015 Ford Superduty 6.7 Updates

powerstroked08

Reaction score
My lips are sealed

Hmmmmmm
Do your thing Morgan!

What do you mean by tune only is hoping to he limted?

I'm going to say since the original thought was the turbo was going to be 64mm in size the tune only hp numbers were going to be pretty high. But now that the turbo is 61mm that just lowered the tune only hp since the air volume will be less.

mfoltz

Reaction score
That sucks I figure it would. Is the 15 worth loosing the rebates of a 14. I'm going to buy in July and I'm stuck between a 14 and 15. How long do you think it will take for tuning to come out hopefully not long

powerstroked08

Reaction score
That sucks I figure it would. Is the 15 worth loosing the rebates of a 14. I'm going to buy in July and I'm stuck between a 14 and 15. How long do you think it will take for tuning to come out hopefully not long

I would do the 15 over a 14 simply for the upgrades they have made. Just to have a more reliable turbo and a stronger bottom end is worth it in my eyes. I would think that the new turbo is going to take more abuse without the failure rate of the single sequential that the 11-14's have.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
What about for someone that is just going to pull that motor apart anyways

My memory is fuzzy, but the 15s have an updated fuel system(bigger pump, I don't know if the injectors are bigger as well), so I'd say if you're just gonna tune and delete and maybe a turbo kit the truck, a 15 would be better(assuming I'm correct). If you're gonna really go into it, I'd save money for the build by getting a 14. You lose the exh brake and upgraded converter. That's bout it I think.

With the new turbo set up does it allow for drop in replacements? Like the pmax is to the 6.0? Since the turbo is a 61, could I just go buy the 64mm it was believed to be offered with and drop it in and adjust the tuning and go?

I wanna go test drive one! But the only dealer here that has them on the lot has a strict "gotta be 21 or older" policy to test drive a mustang or superduty. So I'll be waiting til the others get some :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Is say right now that the '15 may have enough fuel to make 525-550 but the turbo is gonna stay in the 475-500 range. Roughly 50 more than the 11-14 was on just a tune.

There will be drop in turbos in the future.....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the old turbo and new are mathematically the same compressor side so thats really no surprise, i think the main reason for the switch was to keep shaft speed down and keep them from breaking.

There is a part number for the turbo on the 15s already and there are a few places that have them already. Drop in turbo upgrades from the 61 would be cool.

Reaction score
the old turbo and new are mathematically the same compressor side so thats really no surprise, i think the main reason for the switch was to keep shaft speed down and keep them from breaking.

There is a part number for the turbo on the 15s already and there are a few places that have them already. Drop in turbo upgrades from the 61 would be cool.

They do have a part number but getting one is presenting a challenge. They have a number but zero availability anywhere in the system. If anyone knows where one is pm me. There could be a finders fee if it turns out right......

Reaction score
And yeah the capacity is pretty much the same. Other than not being over sped and way out of its map they should be very comparable. Just maybe a little more air and less heat from not being way out of its map will be the reason the '15 will be able to make a little more power tune only.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
They do have a part number but getting one is presenting a challenge. They have a number but zero availability anywhere in the system. If anyone knows where one is pm me. There could be a finders fee if it turns out right......

Get your wallet out babe lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.