NEW 6.4/6.0 Manifolds just in!!

Reaction score
It's a 4" down pipe that was on the truck when it was dropped off. We compared it to a couple other we have and they are all pretty much the same, so we figure our up pipes will work with most of them. We did clearance the down pipe just slightly and with the wrap on the pipes they rest against each other nicely and fit very well.

Reaction score
INITIAL RESULTS ARE IN

Here are some graphs of our dyno testing yesterday on the Manifolds.

Note the RED graphs are the AFTER manifolds installation.

Our dyno is a Dynojet 248.
This is an INERTIA dynop Not a loaded one.

Typically loaded and street number gains will be considerable higher!

You'll see the first part of the graph were I'm rolling into the throttle to keep it from downshifting or coming out of lock up. The key here is looking at the difference in the graphs a little later on and assuming that difference will carry through the entire RPM range.

I'm working on all the data we captured to decipher the back pressure realtion to boost. The spool up time and EGT differences.

Plans are being made to do the second install and the final version of up pipes and traveling to a load dyno for other number comparison.

To summarize: These manifolds made a SIGNIFICANT difference in every aspect. Power and Torque are up, drivability is better than before. Temps are lower. Truck now has a deeper and smoother tone to the exhaust.

Attachments

• KEM Manifolds runs 3 7.jpg
    KEM Manifolds runs 3 7.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 363
  • KEM Manifold runs 2 5.jpg
    KEM Manifold runs 2 5.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 122
  • KEM Manifold runs 3 19.jpg
    KEM Manifold runs 3 19.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 122

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Now this may be a stupid question, but why does it look like with the manifolds, the graph doesn't start until later in the rpm band?

Reaction score
Now this may be a stupid question, but why does it look like with the manifolds, the graph doesn't start until later in the rpm band?

Definately NOT a stupid question at all.

Its all about the timing of how I'm able to squeeze the throttle to full throttle with out it downshifting or coming out of lock up.

Pay more attention to the difference in the graphs rather than the beginning

On all of the graphs you can assume full throttle opening at 2300 RPM.

When doing an automatic transmission you can't simply mash the pedal at the start of a run or it'll downshift and the run is useless. So I have to roll into and try to duplicate the pattern over and over which is very difficult, Small changes IE manifolds, change the parameters the engine is running in and cause changes to occur like shift timing and lock up rpms and so forth.

But rest assured we will be duplicating these tests at a loaded dyno facility for the final versions and production up pipes

Reaction score
Manifolds

Dyno tune works on some trucks, but not all of them. Peak to Peak numbers before and after were 24hp - 38 Tor. , Best Gain numbers before and after were 34 hp - 90 Tor. this is on dyno run 2 and dyno run 9 below 2 grand. And then carries thru out the rpm band.

KEM Performance

Reaction score
Well I have to say that the drive home was definitely FUN last night although anything more than 1/8 throttle in the rain proved useless. The throttle response is simply amazing! It is a whole new truck. Thank you Tom and Dan for letting me hang out with you and spend the day on the dyno.

Mike

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have input as to why the numbers fall off after 3300?
This is a no load dyno, inertia only! The Dynojet is only capable of a 4,000lb load so we can't maintain the boost level in that RPM Range.
As far as the 'dip' goes, we will figure that out!

Kind

Reaction score
I know of lil black truck getting some very soon as well.

Latest posts

Members online