New Alternator Offering for Superduty 7.3 and 6.0

hucorey

Reaction score
How much does your 185amp alternator make at idle hot? Is it even able to maintain full charging voltage at night with the AC and lights on when you are at a stop light? You really need 90-100 amps at idle to keep everything happy. Add some stereo or more lights and you will see stuff start to dim until you get back on the throttle.

It makes 128 typically. Varies a bit due to AC or other accessories running. But I have no stereo system or emergency service lights. Just my snowplow and I never see a V drop at idle when the pump runs.
Charges at 14.4-5 never less never more.

I never see the lights dim with my plow HID lights on, my other running lights, and the plow pump running at idle. And my plow pump is 3X the size as the starter motor. Quite surprised really. AC compressor doesn't use near the current as the plow.

Last edited:

Zmann

Reaction score
It evedently did when with your smartass comments. I'm just replying your retarded nonsense.

Also I dont recall you even being interested in this alt until after I chimed in. Seems as though your cluttering up Matt's thread more than anyone. So stop making jabs at the same time your attempting to seem like your actually interested in Matt's group buy.

didn't mean for you to get all butthurt during your thread jack :poke:

my DC Power isn't what it was so I am in the market for an Alternator
unlike you

Last edited:

Zmann

Reaction score
good ? if it fits the 6.0 why wouldn't it fit yours ? i run a large case alternator from your year

hey Matt aside from the group buy that didn't materialize yet can you get one of these now ?

Twan

Reaction score
I'll be getting one before summer hits. I've never seen my stock ones over 13.8 charge, on my 3rd one.

Zmann

Reaction score
ya My DC Power unit is sitting at 13.4-14 v
and while the GP are on it.s 12.8 ish i have good batteries and a third 850 CCA battery that boost starting but disconnects when the truck isn't running

but the alt reference link also shows this base alternator as not including a pulley ?? are those swappable

some on ebay reference a hardware kit
Assembly kit Includes Part # K068105585S

Gearhead

Reaction score
I didn't have enough bites for a group buy. My alt comes with a pulley and all hardware. It really is a good deal and I have been happy with it. If you have AGM batteries, you really should charge them above 14V. If I get 3 people together, I will do a group buy and just keep 2 in stock but those will go up to regular price.

Zmann

Reaction score
pricing is all over the place on the internet and so is the warranty some are no warrant /1yr / 2yr 290$-500$ what the hell LOL

who handles warranty on yours Matt ?

Zmann

Reaction score
I was saying the upgraded alternators for the 6.0 typically use the large cases that the 7.3 has 3G vs 6G

I don't know if the plugs are the same ?

jschildm

Reaction score
I have 6.0 alternator on my OBS. The OBS's mount on the opposite side, so the lug for the output and the connector face the wrong way, but its not terrible to make it work. I upgraded the charge wire at the same time, which helped make that a little easier (longer). I believe it also might take a different connector, I can't remember that for sure. I just bought a replacement pigtail for a 6.0 and spliced the wires in if my memory serves me.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
Bumping this back to the top.
Matt,
TARM and myself have posted in the 7.3 Forum showing interest in the buy.
Try and pimp the Black Beast again and see if we can get a few more bites for the group buy.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Twan, Tarm, and Bushwakd and who else for the group pricing? need to know by this week.