new build input welcomed

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The inevitable happened with my 6.4. -
Cracked #5 piston on a studded motor on my hdstreet tune.

She's getting tore down, at a reputable shop (local) and I've been dreaming of an affordable yet decently potent build ever since.

Currently I have 71/59 pushing air, full deletes, no limit everything almost , mishi radiator.

Curious as to what y'all think about as far as the rebuild components- right now I'm on the Carrillo and mahle bus , and considering a mild cam-/and supporting valve train aid. Trans will be getting rebuilt and also adding an ad2/ keeping stock injectors until I can afford to really feed her.

Just curious what some of you have gone with, and some advice on what to stay away from. Thanks in advance, and look fwd to hearing from y'all

Ben

let me know if i can help you with getting some gearhead tunes !

btoler4th

Reaction score
let me know if i can help you with getting some gearhead tunes !

Thanks Mike!

Your customer svc back in February was the best I've experienced ! From Cali to NC in less than 24 hrs was bada$$. That intake woke my turbos up to say the least. I'll be in touch good sir.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Mike!

Your customer svc back in February was the best I've experienced ! From Cali to NC in less than 24 hrs was bada$$. That intake woke my turbos up to say the least. I'll be in touch good sir.

right on buddy ! talk to ya soon.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Mind if I ask how you are going to replace the hpfp with an air dog or am I missing something here? Sounds like like this thing will rip when you get her done. One Day I'll Get There.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mind if I ask how you are going to replace the hpfp with an air dog or am I missing something here? Sounds like like this thing will rip when you get her done. One Day I'll Get There.

most likely a typo .

btoler4th

Reaction score

That's definitely the result of a typo.

ingrahams

Reaction score
I run gearhead on the street and Innovative on the dyno/track. What are your goals with the truck? While rods give you piece of mind there are plenty of guys running 900+ hp on sock rods. could put the money towards stepping up the fuel system or starting on the trans. Either way its going to be a nice build.
-Stew

btoler4th

Reaction score
I run gearhead on the street and Innovative on the dyno/track. What are your goals with the truck? While rods give you piece of mind there are plenty of guys running 900+ hp on sock rods. could put the money towards stepping up the fuel system or starting on the trans. Either way its going to be a nice build.
-Stew

Short terml is to get her back on the road before the 4th! Will be cutting it close! Main plan I'm after is a clean, reliable daily driver with good street manners with enough power to raise some eyebrows at the local tracks here in NC, maybe sneak in a few pulls on the clay. I've been noticing Stew that a lot of guys are making good power on stock rods, but it also seems that they are running singles. A buddy that's local shot a rod through his block with a 72/59 set up. It's looking to me the larger compounds are hell on the stick pistons and rods.
I'm sure there is some lucky sobs out there running stock bottom end and aren't experiencing any problems.

Going in the first time, and doing it right is the route I'm taking(internals). Fuel will come in due time, and a trans is in the works right now, along with changing the current suspension. Hopefully in a year or two I'll be satisfied. But we all know how that goes....

Nice video in your sig BTW....that spool is mean!

ingrahams

Reaction score
Nothing wrong wrong with building once and building it right. I bought rods from RCD way before my power goals jumped to 1000. Sounds like it's going to be a fun truck.

btoler4th

Reaction score
Got slammed at work past few weeks, so for a quick update- motor and heads are NC bound, and it feels like Christmas in July.

btoler4th

Reaction score
Straight from Engine Services in GA. Warapped up until it's time to get down to business.

Attachments

• Snapchat-138668454073446154.jpg
    Snapchat-138668454073446154.jpg
    711.2 KB · Views: 203

btoler4th

Reaction score
Yeah ha!!
Any ETA on when you expect to get everything done?

Not soon enough!

I tried like hell to push water up hill to have it done before the 4th, but we all know how that goes....

My best guess will be next month some time, had some things pop up that needed some attention $$ wise- took the wind out of my sails.

I will say that NCB Diesel & Off-road's main priority is what's been best for my paticular situation since my truck was dropped off. They're getting everything dialed in, and I would recommend them to anyone. Those boy's know their stuff.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Good deal. It's smart to allow for sometime for the inevitable little things that come up.

btoler4th

Reaction score
Well. Here it is August, and my motor is still wrapped up, and my truck could use a good detail from collecting all sorts crap from the nasty weather we've had this summer. I'm not going to go into detail here on why I am not able to have everything done right now. But I'll leave it at - I used to have a Landscaping business before I started doing line work, and some things came up legal wise from a civil litigation bug we thought was squashed(not tax if thats what you're thinking lol). The awful part about it is the money that was going to my 6.4s new life was basically about the same I just shelled out. Oh well, you win some , you lose some. I think December will be a better projected time frame to have her back in action. Really wanted to hit Rudy's this October since its a local track for me and meet some of the guys on here and see what she had in her.

I do a lot of reading on here, and notice I am not the only one who has a project that takes longer than they'd like, it's got to be one of the worst feelings ever! I feel the pain for sure! However, she'll be dialed in and ready to hit mid 7's in the 1/8 when tracks open up next year. I will also say that after my research on here, and numerous conversations with some shops, the idea of a single snail is being tossed around, and am considering selling my 71/59 Rudy's set up. This site is awesome, and it seems everyone on here has for the most part your best interest in mind when it comes to personal experiences and help. We'll see how this goes....

btoler4th

Reaction score
Motor and transmission investments.

Attachments

• Snapchat--926131297366095228.jpg
    Snapchat--926131297366095228.jpg
    925.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Snapchat--267756439978304789.jpg
    Snapchat--267756439978304789.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Snapchat--2808325751591980225.jpg
    Snapchat--2808325751591980225.jpg