New Build

Motostroker

Reaction score
Well you have my number. I want to see this in person. Lol. Ill gladly drive down to see that. Are you driving this home?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I hope this truck works out well. This is really cool to see someone going out on a limb like this to push the limits of what these trucks have. Good luck with everything bud and I am watching this one close.:thumbsup:

extreme3807

Reaction score
I hope this truck works out well. This is really cool to see someone going out on a limb like this to push the limits of what these trucks have. Good luck with everything bud and I am watching this one close.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words buddy

B585Ford

Reaction score
Definitely an interesting build...h#ll if quad turbos work for a Bugatti Veyron to make it the fastest factory production car in the world, it has to work on a diesel too, right??? From a theoretical perspective, I was hoping to get your thoughts. Turbos require power to move air, but they help us make more HP than is required to spin them, hence why they are so popular. Obviously, there is a limit to this. I don't think we really know where that limit is yet for the 6.4 and this build should help us to learn. From a tuning perspective, do you expect you will have to be heavy on the fuel down low (or spray them) to get them to spool up or are you hopeful this will allow for good street manners? Do you have any idea what kind of boost you expect to see out of them?

extreme3807

Reaction score
The setup is being made to be as street able as possible, since this is my DD. with that being said the turbo sizes currently are an experiment. Craig chose small S200 chargers thinking it will be enough to spool pretty quick.

Like I said the charger sizes are really just an experiment right now, and we will keep working at it till we make the setup run flawlessly. Naturally I am anti spray so a big thing for me is it must light quickly.

As far as boost goes I think around 130 +- 10 psi is realistic. I wish I had more information for you guys, but I am playing the guessing game like everyone else. Once I get the setup perfect, then I will build the bottom end up and probably add more fuel. My eventual goal is 1400 HP on fuel, we shall see.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Definitely an interesting build...h#ll if quad turbos work for a Bugatti Veyron to make it the fastest factory production car in the world, it has to work on a diesel too, right??? From a theoretical perspective, I was hoping to get your thoughts. Turbos require power to move air, but they help us make more HP than is required to spin them, hence why they are so popular. Obviously, there is a limit to this. I don't think we really know where that limit is yet for the 6.4 and this build should help us to learn. From a tuning perspective, do you expect you will have to be heavy on the fuel down low (or spray them) to get them to spool up or are you hopeful this will allow for good street manners? Do you have any idea what kind of boost you expect to see out of them?

A W16 with 4 turbos is way different than a V8 diesel with 2 sets of compounds.

The setup is being made to be as street able as possible, since this is my DD. with that being said the turbo sizes currently are an experiment. Craig chose small S200 chargers thinking it will be enough to spool pretty quick.

Like I said the charger sizes are really just an experiment right now, and we will keep working at it till we make the setup run flawlessly. Naturally I am anti spray so a big thing for me is it must light quickly.

As far as boost goes I think around 130 +- 10 psi is realistic. I wish I had more information for you guys, but I am playing the guessing game like everyone else. Once I get the setup perfect, then I will build the bottom end up and probably add more fuel. My eventual goal is 1400 HP on fuel, we shall see.

120-140psi from a set of compounds? That is way up there. Wouldn't you expect more like 60psi but more overall CFM?

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

extreme3807

Reaction score

120-140psi from a set of compounds? That is way up there. Wouldn't you expect more like 60psi but more overall CFM?

Garrett

I was talking about overall psi from both banks. Somewhere between 60-70 psi per bank

Last edited:

extreme3807

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't word it right. If each set of compounds puts out 65 psi, then between both sets of compounds I am around 130 psi

Rene G

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't word it right. If each set of compounds puts out 65 psi, then between both sets of compounds I am around 130 psi

You'll still have 65psi, but twice the volume. When the two banks merge together it will still be the same pressure.

B585Ford

Reaction score

Garrett

Yes, I understand that...there are 1000s of differences between the two...that was sarcasm.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.