New Exhaust

79jasper

Reaction score
When I did mine, the diamond eye was the best option. Price wise anyways.
4 inch in the 409SS variety.
Personally I had no interest in going bigger than that. And it was already a tight fit over the axle and by the tank. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience Frank. Btw, what year/cab/transmission is your 12 valve? You got a pic of it that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
worst sound on earth is a straight piped chummings.. absolutely the worst sound ever!! I refuse to ride in them...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

cbf9703

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience Frank. Btw, what year/cab/transmission is your 12 valve? You got a pic of it that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It's a '97 eclb with a built auto. She's neglected, so I really don't have many pics. This is the best one I could find.
36c5986fcdd95046256a94c296aa2e99.jpg

worst sound on earth is a straight piped chummings.. absolutely the worst sound ever!! I refuse to ride in them...

live life full throttle

Meh, to each their own... And it has a muffler, although it doesn't do chit. 😂

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It's a '97 eclb with a built auto. She's neglected, so I really don't have many pics. This is the best one I could find.

Meh, to each their own... And it has a muffler, although it doesn't do chit. 😂

id rather ride in a prius

live life full throttle

TARM

Reaction score

live life full throttle

You should be given a life time ban for uttering such words on this forum LOL Now if they had actually be smart enough to make it a diesel hybrid prius that is an entirely different story. Funny how they do not do that. Considering I have gotten 50 mpg if I try with the VW golf or jettas TDI. Take a smaller one to a electric motor hybrid and I bet 100 mpg is serious doable.

TARM

Reaction score
5in only if you do not mind the noise. It never hurts to reduce back-pressure. It may not help much but it never hurts post turbo. Ideally the down pipe entrance should be trumpet shaped for a nice smooth transition. As this a 4" transition to a 5" down-pipe with the transition completed before the downturn.

I got seriously schooled by some top pro techs one time when I got to go into the pits a national meet. But for under 600HP I would not worry about it. Still if you are going to do it and really are looking to get the most out of it why not do it right? Again if the sound and harmonics of the 5" are not a concern to your driving. That very well may take a body lift to do though to get the pipe to fit by the firewall.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You should be given a life time ban for uttering such words on this forum LOL Now if they had actually be smart enough to make it a diesel hybrid prius that is an entirely different story. Funny how they do not do that. Considering I have gotten 50 mpg if I try with the VW golf or jettas TDI. Take a smaller one to a electric motor hybrid and I bet 100 mpg is serious doable.
lmao... I have actually road in a prius once.. needed parts for my dually brakes and my buddy gave me a ride.. him and his wife had matching prius and he didn't give me a choice to take his 7.3.. lol.. so I stuffed myself in it...
5in only if you do not mind the noise. It never hurts to reduce back-pressure. It may not help much but it never hurts post turbo. Ideally the down pipe entrance should be trumpet shaped for a nice smooth transition. As this a 4" transition to a 5" down-pipe with the transition completed before the downturn.

I got seriously schooled by some top pro techs one time when I got to go into the pits a national meet. But for under 600HP I would not worry about it. Still if you are going to do it and really are looking to get the most out of it why not do it right? Again if the sound and harmonics of the 5" are not a concern to your driving. That very well may take a body lift to do though to get the pipe to fit by the firewall.
yeah, like I said, only difference is sound.. that is it... unless going for over 600hp..

live life full throttle

cbf9703

Reaction score

live life full throttle

I've ridden in my boss's Prius a few times. It was fine, but I'll still take any of my trucks.... Lol

Sorry for the hijack Justin. Let us know what you decide on the exhaust!

Sterling B.

Reaction score
I have 5" Flo-Pro on my ECLB 7.3 and had some clearance issues with rear sway bar and B&W turnover ball. Both were self-clearancing though. 4" would have made for a much easier installation.

Layson

Reaction score
I have 5" on my setup. It has a very nice sound to it. :) I had 4" before and it does sound better with 5. My truck is sound deadened so I didn't notice any more cab noise.

I was able to fit my 5" all around all the crap under my truck :)

The Brad

Reaction score
Is anyone running 35s able to stuff a full size spare under there? I can't with Banks 4", but I had duals out of the muffler years ago and it fit. I hate having my spare in the bed

ja_cain

Reaction score

Meh, to each their own... And it has a muffler, although it doesn't do chit. ��

I like it. Built auto is a plus. I've got fourth dibs when you decide to sell it. Lol! Btw, what kind of quad is that in the back? Looks like Kawasaki or Honda.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Some of you guys are making it a little difficult. I am seriously leaning towards the 4" MBRP, but can help but wonder how nice that 5" would sound when I drive the truck to/for work. The clearance issues also have me worried as I really don't have the time deal with that right now. If I knew that the addition of a muffler would take care of any cab noise issues then I would probably be ok dealing with the fitment issues.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Is anyone running 35s able to stuff a full size spare under there? I can't with Banks 4", but I had duals out of the muffler years ago and it fit. I hate having my spare in the bed

This is the other worry that I have. I am running 33's so it may be a non issue even with the 5".

ja_cain

Reaction score
I've ridden in my boss's Prius a few times. It was fine, but I'll still take any of my trucks.... Lol

Sorry for the hijack Justin. Let us know what you decide on the exhaust!

Your all good Frank. God knows I have derailed my fair share of threads. Lol!

Latest posts

Members online