New Exhaust

Reaction score
My previous 96 had 4 inch, I sold it to a friend, he installed 5 inch. To me, the 5 inch with NO muffler was as quiet (inside, not at all outside) as my 4 inch WITH a resonator, wish I had done much earlier. It sounded bad a##, and he had no issues clearing the 33inch spare. He may have even had a 35 inch spare, but I don't remember if he matched the tire HE installed when he lifted it or not

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
My previous 96 had 4 inch, I sold it to a friend, he installed 5 inch. To me, the 5 inch with NO muffler was as quiet (inside, not at all outside) as my 4 inch WITH a resonator, wish I had done much earlier. It sounded bad a##, and he had no issues clearing the 33inch spare. He may have even had a 35 inch spare, but I don't remember if he matched the tire HE installed when he lifted it or not

Thanks for your insight man. I think I'm going to take a leap of faith and just go with the 5". I don't really care for some gay chrome tip (no offence) on my truck. I just want it to sound sweet when I'm driving to work. As dumb as it sounds, driving my truck can be very therapeutic sometimes especially with the zf6. It keeps me occupied focused on the driving experience instead of the things that might be bothering me at the time. Sorry for the deep comment. Lol!

Reaction score
Nope, no reason to apologise, I used to turn the music off too and roll through the gears with the zf5, was very therapeutic for me as well

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks for your insight man. I think I'm going to take a leap of faith and just go with the 5". I don't really care for some gay chrome tip (no offence) on my truck. I just want it to sound sweet when I'm driving to work. As dumb as it sounds, driving my truck can be very therapeutic sometimes especially with the zf6. It keeps me occupied focused on the driving experience instead of the things that might be bothering me at the time. Sorry for the deep comment. Lol!

I have al 5" mbrp and i wiped it down with wax and grease remover, scuffed, and professional grade rustoleum primer/paint in one. Four years ago. Still good.

cbf9703

Reaction score
I like it. Built auto is a plus. I've got fourth dibs when you decide to sell it. Lol! Btw, what kind of quad is that in the back? Looks like Kawasaki or Honda.
Lol it has sentimental value.... It was my first truck and the first vehicle I ever bought on my own.

Good eye. It's a mid 90s Honda fourtrax 300- she may be old, but she has definitely earned her keep. I used it to stretch barbed wire when I was fencing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
Lol it has sentimental value.... It was my first truck and the first vehicle I ever bought on my own.

Good eye. It's a mid 90s Honda fourtrax 300- she may be old, but she has definitely earned her keep. I used it to stretch barbed wire when I was fencing.

That's awesome Frank! Sweet truck btw. I wan't my oldest's first vehicle to be something like that or an OBS with a 5 speed so it's real hard for her to text and drive. Lol! I'm thinking more along the lines of a regular cab though, so she can't put too many friends (distractions) in it. :)

If you get a chance, please post up a pic of the your exhaust. I'm trying to get a feel for what 5" looks like. Thanks!

ja_cain

Reaction score
I have al 5" mbrp and i wiped it down with wax and grease remover, scuffed, and professional grade rustoleum primer/paint in one. Four years ago. Still good.

Thanks for the info Ty! If I had the time, I would love to do that. Since I live in central VA, I think it should last a good while as long as I keep the undercarriage rinsed during the winter. Please post up a pic if you have a chance.

Big Bad 6.4

Reaction score
I say take that leap of faith and go with 5". I love my 5" on my '08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
I say take that leap of faith and go with 5". I love my 5" on my '08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure I'm going with the 5". Thanks for sharing your opinion!

cbf9703

Reaction score
That's awesome Frank! Sweet truck btw. I wan't my oldest's first vehicle to be something like that or an OBS with a 5 speed so it's real hard for her to text and drive. Lol! I'm thinking more along the lines of a regular cab though, so she can't put too many friends (distractions) in it. :)

If you get a chance, please post up a pic of the your exhaust. I'm trying to get a feel for what 5" looks like. Thanks!
I agree about the vehicles and will probably do the same for mine when they get that age! 😂

I'm in Vegas until Sunday, you'll probably have better luck getting a pic from someone else before then.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I agree about the vehicles and will probably do the same for mine when they get that age! 😂

I'm in Vegas until Sunday, you'll probably have better luck getting a pic from someone else before then.

Like minds. Lol!

Just remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Lol!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

id go with a roll cage with a single seat or at least the passenger door welded shut and devider in the middle and the seat welded close to the steering wheel...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

ja_cain

Reaction score
Man I could just kick myself. I saw a 5" Mbrp system on sale for $330 with free shipping on Monday. I didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize it was cyber Monday. Now the lowest I can find is ~$380. Maybe a vendor will see this thread/post and come.to my rescue. Lol!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Man I could just kick myself. I saw a 5" Mbrp system on sale for $330 with free shipping on Monday. I didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize it was cyber Monday. Now the lowest I can find is ~$380. Maybe a vendor will see this thread/post and come.to my rescue. Lol!

so check monday again...

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
so check monday again...

live life full throttle

A member here hooked me up. Might even be able to get another 10% off for being a veteran. That would put it under $300

TyCorr

Reaction score
A member here hooked me up. Might even be able to get another 10% off for being a veteran. That would put it under $300

Mine was 200 something five years ago. Id imagine 280 is doable.

Latest posts

Members online