New injectors no start.

Irontx

Reaction score
Sounds like it's doing what it's suppose too..... Ipr duty cycle is at 84..... Its opened up to give you oil.... You just cant build pressure is what it sounds like......

Last edited:

lzam6285

Reaction score
No I did not take the hpop out. I was told the 2003s don't have the STC fittings on the branch tubes. This might sound dumb but, do I have to set up my sct again?

lzam6285

Reaction score
I'll let you guys know what I find. I think I got a lot of good info and it looks like I still have some work to do.

Thanks again.

loboost

Reaction score
No I did not take the hpop out. I was told the 2003s don't have the STC fittings on the branch tubes. This might sound dumb but, do I have to set up my sct again?

Didn't know you were working on an 03. You're right they don't.

You don't notice any new ticks or noises when cranking do you?

lzam6285

Reaction score
No I don't hear anything in usual. I set the dowl to 6:00 like I heard you were supposed to to prevent engine damage. I'm gonna start taking it back apart and see if anything jumps out at me, double check all my connections.

loboost

Reaction score
No. Not unless you unhooked something you shouldnt have and didnt hook back up

This.

I don't mean any insult....but did by chance you swap the standpipe and dummy plug?

I'm serious about this...I've seen 2 trucks come in this way...1 ran but was choppy and one would not build any ICP at all with a brand new hpop.

Long pipe closest to the firewall...short dummy closest to the radiator, both in the oil rail

webb06

Reaction score
if the truck is an 03 then it shouldnt even have dummy plugs. and the standpipes rarely fail on the early 6.0's.

OP does it have the log rail or the wave rail?

loboost

Reaction score
if the truck is an 03 then it shouldnt even have dummy plugs. and the standpipes rarely fail on the early 6.0's.

OP does it have the log rail or the wave rail?

Fxxx I keep forgetting its an 03.

lzam6285

Reaction score
Sorry I wasent logged in. Yes I change the stand pipes. They came with my head gaskets. As for the dummy plugs he's right, it doesn't have them it's an 03. Yes log style that connects to the stand pipe by a braided line with STC fittings on both ends.

webb06

Reaction score
The truck is actually an 04 but it an early build. Maybe I should change that in my discription.

nah dont worry about it lol 04 would be even more confusing.

did you get the valve covers off to see if anything is leaking?

lzam6285

Reaction score
New injector no start

Well this is what it was. I did have a little bit of a tough time when I was putting it on. I'm actually glad that is all it was.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 79

Irontx

Reaction score
Well this is what it was. I did have a little bit of a tough time when I was putting it on. I'm actually glad that is all it was.

It happens man.. Lol. I think that falls well within the realm of a leak!!!

Latest posts

Members online