No Explode build

sickslow

Reaction score
Got lucky and found some fleetguard restore tonight

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sickslow

Reaction score
Weve got 6.0 RR's in stock, 399 to your door psa price only!

Thats a steal! But honestly i cant afford that right now. I will for sure order a regulated return from you when i do studs but thats next summers plan unless the hg's blow before then!

sickslow

Reaction score
Well im halfway through the flush and i am very glad i got the restore. After flushing two times the water drained clear. I added fleetguard restore and topped it off with distilled and ran it an hour....what came out looked very milky. I pulled the lower radiator hose and about a quart of snot looking stuff poured out. That stuff really works. Im on the vc-9 step now.

One question i have is that im only able to add about 3.75 gallons after each drain maybe 4 gallons at most. Im pulling the lower hose, drain plug and drivers side block plug. Is this normal?

sickslow

Reaction score
Rebuilt oil cooler, cleaned turbo and installed new fuel spring kit last night. Now all i have left is assembling it and hoping that i can get all the electrical connections together.

When i pulled the turbo off yesterday it was missing a bolt in the compressor housing (which we found in the valley, and only had 1 out of three mounting bolts ....

Also the old oil cooler that i pulled out has holes machined all over the top of it and the stock one doesnt. I think i saw somewhere that this was an upgraded one. Am i right?

sickslow

Reaction score
Got it all buttoned up Saturday night. I was surprised that I completed the whole project in 2 days. Everything went smooth other than forgetting to tighten the clamp from the intake elbow to the intercooler piping. I t took about 10 minutes to get the truck to crank and i was getting nervous by the end. It runs amazing now though. My vanes were sticking bad when i took it apart. the truck spools much nicer when pulling out and it runs about 3 or 4 lbs higher at highway speeds. Coolant and oil temp are about 5 degrees apart. Highest delta i have seen was 7 degrees so far. Old oil cooler screen was torn as expected.
One question i had was that i had to add about a quart and a half of oil more than a normal oil change. Is this normal? I think its because i scooped/suctioned all the oil out of the valley of the engine where the cooler sits. By the way the truck seems to like the valvoline premium blue a little better than the rotella that i have been running.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

7.3 rocket

Reaction score
I believe that sucking out the oil cooler reservoir was what took your extra quart and a half and also what gave you a tough time starting the truck.

Another time try adding a bit of oil to the filter housing before installing a filter or filling the crank case then fill the crank case to its normal level. I bet you'll see an easier start than you had.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.