OBS picture thread:

Sal_1607

Reaction score
How my f250 sits nowadays

2zxz50l.jpg

pullandpray

Reaction score
If all goes well I'll be picking this up Saturday, not a diesel but witha 460 I'm sure it will pull whatever I need it to. It's an auto and a long bed so I'm happy

Attachments

• 00N0N_a9ypiIvwFIK_600x450.jpg
    00N0N_a9ypiIvwFIK_600x450.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 01111_eqFDHG6maNM_600x450.jpg
    01111_eqFDHG6maNM_600x450.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 00y0y_7AimJxL5jy_600x450.jpg
    00y0y_7AimJxL5jy_600x450.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 00J0J_95Mk4u0GCdd_600x450.jpg
    00J0J_95Mk4u0GCdd_600x450.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 106

BeachedSquirrel

Reaction score
My 95 F350... the truck had a 1966 Avion C-10 Slide-In camper in the bed for almost a year, just took it out today...

The property where the camper was dropped off....
IMG_3196_zpstrhoos8v.jpg

Where the F350 usually sits...
IMG_3197_zps0mpyflrp.jpg

AintBrokenDontFixIt

Reaction score
My 95 F350... the truck had a 1966 Avion C-10 Slide-In camper in the bed for almost a year, just took it out today...

The property where the camper was dropped off....
IMG_3196_zpstrhoos8v.jpg

Where the F350 usually sits...
IMG_3197_zps0mpyflrp.jpg

Any pics with the ole Avion sitting in the truck?
Those are some cool ole campers. I'm looking for an Avion or Cayo now for my 7.3 CCLB.

BeachedSquirrel

Reaction score
Any pics with the ole Avion sitting in the truck?
Those are some cool ole campers. I'm looking for an Avion or Cayo now for my 7.3 CCLB.

photo5_zpsdnw88orr.jpg

ext_right_zpsxoehtpyr.jpg

ext_rear_zpspj02b7fi.jpg

ext-front_zpscwpieotz.jpg

I did learn that trying to load one of these into a dually was extremely difficult. The jack mounts were not designed for a dually so it took some creative 'redneck' engineering to load it. Thankfully my dually fenders were already trashed so a little extra damage didn't hurt them too much.

I got looks everywhere I drove the truck/camper combo. They are definitely some cool old campers!

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
photo5_zpsdnw88orr.jpg

ext_right_zpsxoehtpyr.jpg

ext_rear_zpspj02b7fi.jpg

ext-front_zpscwpieotz.jpg

I did learn that trying to load one of these into a dually was extremely difficult. The jack mounts were not designed for a dually so it took some creative 'redneck' engineering to load it. Thankfully my dually fenders were already trashed so a little extra damage didn't hurt them too much.

I got looks everywhere I drove the truck/camper combo. They are definitely some cool old campers!
That thing is so ***kin ugly it's cool! I love it! Lol

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

smcox1

Reaction score
It's like an airstream that fits in the bed awesome. I would strip that biotch and polish it up like mirror.

AintBrokenDontFixIt

Reaction score

Sweet! Nice looking camper man, the skins look like they are in really good shape.
I'm looking for a Cayo/Avion C-11 that's not to beat up. I'd like to customize the interior and shine the exterior and use my 7.3 to tote it around.

If you come across another one for sell let me know.

Izzybird

Reaction score
My first OBS. 96 with 225k, 5 spd, all manual, no carpet, 80? gallon auxiliary tank, front bumper they made in the oilfield that weighs as much as most passenger cars, a rust hole in the rear hard brake line and a crapped out CPS. Threw in my coveted spare black CPS and it purred like a kitten. Normal blowby, I really dig it. It got smacked by a closing gate on the passenger side unfortunately. My wife wants to cruise it for a while and then I'll probably sell it, got my eye on a excursion for cheap. We'll see. Oh, and it's bone stock since new performance wise.

Izzybird

Reaction score
I'm not very good at this obviously. The spot on the door and under the back fixed glass is where I wiped the grime off with a rag to see what the paint looked like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:

BeachedSquirrel

Reaction score
Sweet! Nice looking camper man, the skins look like they are in really good shape.
I'm looking for a Cayo/Avion C-11 that's not to beat up. I'd like to customize the interior and shine the exterior and use my 7.3 to tote it around.

If you come across another one for sell let me know.

This one wasn't in too bad of shape, a little bit of water damage inside, but nothing terrible. I'm gutting it now to rebuild it. The craftsmanship that went into these little campers is amazing.

I've seen them on eBay every once in awhile, but not too often. I found this one on Craigslist, it was almost 100 miles away from me. Haven't seen another one for sale locally. I'll keep my eyes open though.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429482520.763510.jpg

Ok I'm in the process of blasting and painting my new core support. When I install that I'll be changing to stock style headlights. Clear lens black housing.
I'm also putting in new front leaf springs. Along with bilstiens. I want to level and drop the rear of the truck down. I'm Told best way is to remove factory rear block, but I would need new u bolts.

So, anyone done this and can share where you got your new u bolts?

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
^^

love the look! whats the spec on wheels (offset, width) and tires

Thank you.

Wheels are Moto metal 962's. -44 offset. 20x12.
Tires are nitto 420s. 305/55r20.
No wheel spacers(I will probably space the rear eventually.) Stock suspension ttb F-250. Very minor bumper trimming up front for turning.

Latest posts

Members online