Opinions wanted... keep chrome bumpers or paint black

CUZICAN

Reaction score
Jesus.....$563 for a black bumper? Then pay to paint it on top of that? I'm liking my chrome more and more.....

That's ridiculous, no way I'd pay that kind of money, I'd be looking for a used bumper. I picked up my used XL bumper for $150, king ranch rear bumper for $175, then paid like $150 to get them painted. So front and rear painted for less than list on the front bumper alone.

truckman1974

Reaction score
That's ridiculous, no way I'd pay that kind of money, I'd be looking for a used bumper. I picked up my used XL bumper for $150, king ranch rear bumper for $175, then paid like $150 to get them painted. So front and rear painted for less than list on the front bumper alone.

That I could handle and still feel ok about it after it was said and done. I guess it just varies by person. I'm looking at a set of AE wheels and tires that'll hit me for over $5k (which some would say is stupid....even I am thinking it's dumb, but I'm still willing). Anywho......

What did you do with your chrome stuff? Stuck it in the shed/garage?

CUZICAN

Reaction score
That I could handle and still feel ok about it after it was said and done. I guess it just varies by person. I'm looking at a set of AE wheels and tires that'll hit me for over $5k (which some would say is stupid....even I am thinking it's dumb, but I'm still willing). Anywho......

What did you do with your chrome stuff? Stuck it in the shed/garage?

Yep, currently sitting in the shed.

I'm gonna assume you meant AF wheels not AE wheels for 5K, if thats for AE wheels, someone's over charging you.

I can understand 5K for a set of forces, I just can't make my wife understand.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Yep, currently sitting in the shed.

I'm gonna assume you meant AF wheels not AE wheels for 5K, if thats for AE wheels, someone's over charging you.

I can understand 5K for a set of forces, I just can't make my wife understand.

Yep, definitely meant AF wheels.......must've been smokin' crack again when I typed that! :eek:wned:

Jomax

Reaction score
Those AF rims are insane. I'd take stock rims and a carli pintop kit over that....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Zstock6.4

Reaction score
I tend to agree with you. I'm thinking the Harley grill would look good on it and ptm bumpers. Now gotta find a grill

pedaltheglobe

Reaction score
If you're interested I will buy your chrome front bumper. I'm compiling parts to do a 08-10 front end swap.

08sixfour12

Reaction score
would look good either way IMO - Plasti-Dip it black and if you don't like it, peel it off. Mine is black cause it's a Harley, I love color matched things but that's just me.

truckman1974

Reaction score
over 5k for forces?? i sincerely hope they have tires on them for that price...

Yes, wheels, tires, TPMS Sensors, mount/balanced, shipped... (that's for the 22x12 Nightmares, faceplate edition). You'd be hard pressed to beat that price. I'm still trying to 100% talk myself into it though. I'm on the fence....one day I'm all in and the next I'm thinking about just going another route. I'm deployed right now so I have time to mull it over real good....

Latest posts

Members online