Project "Wifey's Truck", Help me fill in the blanks.

patrick@WDI

Reaction score
I'd definitely do the colt cam especially since you already are going to have it totally apart. Geoff is the man

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advise Steve!

Ported heads are out.

Billet Rods are already here, I know people claim you don't need them, but I'm only doing this once. I never want to worry about them again.

The partial fill on the block was an idea that I'm fond of because of all the people talking about cracked blocks. If its not going to effect cooling, I see no reason not to. We do it all the time on 7.3 blocks and it works great. If it can keep me from putting coolant in the oil, I'm having a hard time seeing the down side.

I think filling the block will be fine for DD'ing. Me personally, I hate mixing that crap and I probably will just rock a stock block in my truck.

The billet flex plate and ATI damper is in the works, because I can order the damper without a weight, and zero balance the flywheel. That way we can internally balance the rotating assembly. Something else we learned while building 7.3's that make no powah. Lol

I have the RCD intake here, we've used several of them and been very pleased. I'm sure I could get one from Tadd, but what gain is there? I thought they were all just punching out the walls from where the bolts go through? Is there more detail I need on this?

The Elite manifold is the only one on the market that actually mills the runner completely free of obstruction. The others knock down 6 bolt posts total. Leaving the exterior obstruction still intact. Does it make or break a build? I don't know. Having built a fair share of 6.0 manifolds and knowing what I do from it, I would want something fully gutted over something economical.

I will more than likely do the Elite 1X cam and valvetrain. My pistons are not flycut and they're already coated. Not really excited about messing them up.

IIRC, the 1x does not need to be flycut. Thats what Tadd is going to put in my truck and the bottom end is going to be all stock on it so you should be good.

I was under the impression that the 30% nozzles were the same as 85hp. Is this not accurate?

I'd have to double check again. You've got me thinking lol

If I can get a 76 from Tadd, I'll just sell the 72. No biggie. That's what I really want to do, just need to see how soon he can get me one.

I hear ya. To be honest I'm not sure where he's at on those. It's been awhile since I've talked to him. I do know that a 59/72 setup is nothing to be afraid of. a 59/76 setup though... lol

Forgot to mention, I have the Elite CCV+ sitting here as well. Already ahead of you there. If you want to shoot me a coolant filter kit, I'm sure I can find a home for it. No Limit is getting some love in this build also.

Yup. I'll get ya something together as soon as JD get's done testing locations.

As far as dual fuelers go, I took your advise and ordered another reman pump. Really thinking about using Morgan's (sledpuller) kit now after seeing how nice it looks. Waiting on a reply from him to see price and availability.

Awesome. I know it sucks on the pocket book but it's every bit of reliability that you want. Plus trashing a dual fueler system with a high miler would probably just piss you off lol

I really need RMartin97 to buy this stage two transmission for his truck (hint, hint), then I'll probably be ordering the stage 3.

Robbie is scared. I can see it in his thighs

Thanks everyone for the advise. Keep it coming!

Have you thought about a waste gate kit?

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
Have you thought about a waste gate kit?

4a8edava.jpg
there not the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

BOSS450

Reaction score
Is it correct to say that the economical intake Mani will outflow a stock head. And since he is q
going back with stock heads would there be any benefits in the Elite zmax?

Matt

Reaction score
I like how the Elite Zmax cuts out the huge dent. The RCD and Midwest manifolds are great budget minded pieces, but I would prefer to have the dent removed.

jdgleason

Reaction score
To clarify, the 85hp nozzles are a 30% 8 hole nozzle.

Looks like a sweet build buddy! Gonna be a stout running truck for sure.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
things a monster, machine work and the precision guts are so pretty