Radioflyer

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Looks like truck should be up and running this weekend. I will make a point to have some videos made this weekend. Weather permitting that is.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I see oil...
seje4y5e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
The haze I saw was oil burning. Putting on a new center section as soon as the exhaust side cools off:
gadugapu.jpg

JDub

Reaction score
I'm baffled by this, not sure how a brand new center section could be leaking.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Sucks buddy lol. Seems like we are both having a little trouble out of these damn singles lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Mines all fixed. And dayum this thing rips. Idk if there was something going on with that center section but I kissed 50 psi tonight and hot dayum. Only 1100 degrees in 5th locked. Really happy with the setup!!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
i can LOL

Didn't you break one of these htt turbos in 200 miles? What's the deal with these things?

Mines all fixed. And dayum this thing rips. Idk if there was something going on with that center section but I kissed 50 psi tonight and hot dayum. Only 1100 degrees in 5th locked. Really happy with the setup!!

That's great to here! Track times!

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

JDub

Reaction score
Didn't you break one of these htt turbos in 200 miles? What's the deal with these things?

That's great to here! Track times!

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

Mikes first one was a cartridge assembled by Borg Warner and had some kind of a problem from the start. Htt assembled his replacement themselves and from what understand its still ripping.

Codys however, was assembled and balanced by htt from the start, not sure why its leaking. Guess we'll see when we get it back.

Either way glad you got it back on the road and ripping the tires off of it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
This thing is wicked and with this new cartridge it spools faster and harder. I'll get some videos taken today.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Sorry for not posting over the weekend, had a family function to attend. Got one I was able to with just a partial throttle. Hoping to get a WOT video here soon. I'll post them up. I was able to collect data:
Cruising 65mph in OD on performance setting with AC on (I stay in performance when not towing)
EGT's: 800*
Boost: 3-4 psi

WOT (OD on):
EGT's 12-1300*
Boost: 51psi :evil
Turbo lights at ~2100 rpm
Smoke- Minimal; smokes a little when lighting; but isn't a "black cloud," and cleans up very well.

After installing the new center section, the truck is much more responsive and lights much quicker. Very fun and very driveable. I've been very happy with it.

Haven't seen any signs of oil any more besides some that has been left over. I think there was something wrong outta the gate with that center section, but Jdub took care of me and I'm very pleased with the setup. Must say, with changing over to a single, and the way Morgan's kit is laid out, it's so much easier to work on stuff and it's amazing how much cleaner the engine bay is.

I've miss placed my EB sensor, so I couldn't tell you drive pressure vs boost at the moment.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Yeah about that track time...LOL Trans isn't liking me. Soooooo track is a no go untill it get's built. Don't feel like scattering it weekend before memorial day camping trip. But dyno for sure.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
May be time to get those 6.0 mani's I have in my garage wrapped and a set up up-pipes from Jared to match. Don't think my uppies are gonna last much longer either. LOL

Latest posts

Members online