Radioflyer

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I'll be hauling some ATV's over this weekend to the hills. Pulling some grades going as high as 5600ft above sea level. We will see how it drives.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Partially the dyno and partially the exhaust leak. Only reason I say partially the Dyno is, we've noticed some lower numbers from trucks across the board vs the other local dyno that is also a dynojet but has no load on it. For example, one of the other shops Big Twin Diesel, has a 09 6.7 Cummins that did 630hp on the dyno that I'd put 570 on with the stocker compounds. The same truck with no changes to it, put down 590 on ours on friday.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I would think that you should have a pretty solid 625-640hp setup on stock fuel

Agree'd. Truck feels stronger and feels like it has improved over stock significantly. But will fix some small details and see what happens.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Can't compare a loaded dyno to an unloaded. In fact you can't compare any dyno to each other. Loaded always seems read less. Did any other 6.4's dyno?

Yep, Curtis from vision dyno'd 566 and another 6.4 dyno'd the same.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Did they have stock chargers?

Guy over here did 650 with stock fuel on a dyno jet with a single last weekend.

But it's all numbers.

Yes they were stock chargers. I saw that in his thread. He's running the same charger as I lol

So...... track times yet? :poke: lol

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

No not yet. Waiting for Trans to show up. Once that does traction bars will soon follow and then track.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Headed to the hardware store to get some an fittings before my trip this weekend. Found a 5" mbrp muffler on cl for 50 bucks. Can't complain and it gave the truck a nice tone and much more tolerable in higher rpm. Loaded up waiting for Friday
u7ubaqu4.jpg

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Did some driving through the hills over the weekend, needs some adjusting in the shift points. Didn't like shifting into 4th @55mph in tow haul climbing a few grades. Turbo didn't wanna stay lit and truck didn't have the rpm nor did it wanna stay in the lower gear to keep the charger going. Some adjustments should cure that. Will have update this next weekend when I make the same trip with the adjustments. At the same time staying in 4th was nice while towing. Egt's stayed down in the mid 800's cruising at 65mph ~6psi boost and ebp tow haul on. Tow haul off @ 75mph egt's stay around 850-900 and ~2psi boost ebt. The drive pressure accross the board is around 1:1. Been very happy seeing that. That is comparing boost and EBP through a CTS insight using factory sensors fwiw. My fuel cooler is deleted running MPD's reg-return kit, higher rpm higher rail pressure, never had an issue with the fuel getting hot and the truck reacting. But, to help that, I'm re-doing the fuel system to a more generic CR setup. Parts will show up this week and will post pic's after it's done. So far so good with this set up. Some tweaking here and there but it's been fun. Happy I chose this route. Looking to change something up here in the near future that I'm hoping will have some very promising results and add options. :evil

Cknox121

Reaction score
I'm thinkin my shift points need to be moved as well. I believe a 2200 stall converter would help a ton though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I'm thinkin my shift points need to be moved as well. I believe a 2200 stall converter would help a ton though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Mines getting a new converter shortly. Hoping within the next couple weeks. Same stall.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Well that wasn't the right base file.......so now reset the h&s, return it to the canned files, and then return it to the previous mcc files. Getting some good set time to practice making truck noises while I wait though. LOL

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Changes coming again, just testing some other waters, once it gets done, results and pic's to follow. :evil Trying to find my go pro to get some vids of the current set up before I go and changing stuff. Converter has been shipped, once it shows up at the shop it goes in for the new transmission. :thumbsup:

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Update: Did some more driving in the mountains, I don't think this charger likes the higher elevation. It acts like a stock 7.3 turbo :lame: BUT got confirmation on what's going to be changing. Should make a big difference. Along with the trans being built and what not. :evil

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Trans should be in by the end of the week. Going up in the hills this weekend then the following weekend getting the truck on the track finally. :rockon:

Latest posts

Members online