RCSB thread.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Probably. Looks like you have a reasonable amount of clearance.

It does but the springs are soft I guess..
Nope. There was another one that popped up in Texas right after I painted mine. I think this is it. Mine ended up in western Arkansas.
Man i tried to buy yours but the timing wasn't right for me. What drop did you have on it again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JMart

Reaction score
It does but the springs are soft I guess..

Man i tried to buy yours but the timing wasn't right for me. What drop did you have on it again?

DJM 3-5". Dream beams up front, shackles and hangers in the rear. 20x9 wheels with 0 offset. Don't remember the tire size.

I still kick myself for selling that truck.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
DJM 3-5". Dream beams up front, shackles and hangers in the rear. 20x9 wheels with 0 offset. Don't remember the tire size.

I still kick myself for selling that truck.
That's what this one has but it sits quite a bit lower in the front. I guess I'll get some new springs for it
And the rear end rides like a tank too

JMart

Reaction score
That's what this one has but it sits quite a bit lower in the front. I guess I'll get some new springs for it

Yeah it rode like sh!t. I changed out the rear bump stops, but it really needed a C notch in the rear. My front would rub the fender liner if I hit a big enough bump. It sucked as a daily driver on concrete roads, which is all of them in my area.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
That's the reason I decided to get rid of mine, the roads are not well suited for lowered rcsb around here, also I needed a truck I could leave outside and not care

slowcoupe

Reaction score

I have the DJM shackle kit on mine. I removed the overload spring and the middle leaf and the bumpstop and mine is so much better now. It makes going over speed bumps bearable.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Yeah it rode like sh!t. I changed out the rear bump stops, but it really needed a C notch in the rear. My front would rub the fender liner if I hit a big enough bump. It sucked as a daily driver on concrete roads, which is all of them in my area.
I need to look at rear springs again, but the axle is pretty far from the frame.
I have the DJM shackle kit on mine. I removed the overload spring and the middle leaf and the bumpstop and mine is so much better now. It makes going over speed bumps bearable.
I don't even know what springs this has in the rear, I'll need to double some measurements from other lowered 2wd on here

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
That's the reason I decided to get rid of mine, the roads are not well suited for lowered rcsb around here, also I needed a truck I could leave outside and not care
I just looked at some pictures of yours and it definitely sits lower in the rear than mine.

JMart

Reaction score

Yeah, I might build another one when I can afford to have two nice trucks. I wanted another CC 4x4 and didn't want a payment so I had to sell my shorty to buy another truck.

JMart

Reaction score
I need to look at rear springs again, but the axle is pretty far from the frame.

I don't even know what springs this has in the rear, I'll need to double some measurements from other lowered 2wd on here

I removed the bottom leaves on mine. I still have those heavy ass mfers in the garage. LOL

JMart

Reaction score
How many did you take out? I don't really care to make it any lower but just improve the ride

I just took the thick one out of the bottom. It looks like an overload so it just made it sit lower. I would try one off the other ones to make it softer.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I just took the thick one out of the bottom. It looks like an overload so it just made it sit lower. I would try one off the other ones to make it softer.
I'm going off memory since I'm at work but I don't think I have those thick bottom springs like on my crew cab. I'll try pulling off another one in the pack

1BD9D7

Reaction score
For reference mine had DJM rear shackles, likely all the pictures I had taken showed it with the 2nd to lowest possible setting with the DJM, and also I took out a leaf spring on each side.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
For reference mine had DJM rear shackles, likely all the pictures I had taken showed it with the 2nd to lowest possible setting with the DJM, and also I took out a leaf spring on each side.
I'll dig into it a little more this weekend, I have been just driving it since I got the injectors back. I'll double check the shackles when I get off

farm boy

Reaction score
I know this one doesn't have a short bed YET, but it will as soon as I find a bed for it. But I removed The overload leaf and one thin leaf and this is how it currently sits.

Attachments

• ugly1.jpg
    ugly1.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 113

03mm

Reaction score
Sorry to see that man. Looks like someone will be getting a bed and some new paint? Might be hard to match the original so you may get a whole new paint job out of it. :toast:

So I am thinking of going one color. Choices would be between tux black, or the new vette lime rock green.

Attachments

• 2016-02-11 12.34.27.jpg
    2016-02-11 12.34.27.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 107

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
I vote green. I like the current paint scheme but I guess there is no better time to change things up

Latest posts

Members online