Resurgence of a F100

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Wait, you mean burnouts arent how you break motors in? I think ive been doing chit wrong for years... :)

6speedsd

Reaction score
I'll have to find someone to come video it....if I told the ole lady to video me roasting a tire, I'd get a 2 day long lecture about how I'm going to break it, or tires are expensive, or some BS like that.

(Of course, after breaking things in)

Still have a few more loose ends to tie up with it before I'm ready to take it down the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
I'll have to find someone to come video it....if I told the ole lady to video me roasting a tire, I'd get a 2 day long lecture about how I'm going to break it, or tires are expensive, or some BS like that.

(Of course, after breaking things in)

Still have a few more loose ends to tie up with it before I'm ready to take it down the road

:D that's awesome.. so true

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
gotta pound on it to seat those valves!.. proper way is to let it get up to temp and hammer on it.. its not a sissy engine! break it in with a good burnout vid!!

I was going to say something about the color of the motor cuz everyone knows that it is a chevy color but I assumed it was to match the truck.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

6speedsd

Reaction score
Well it decided to rain half the night and part of the morning, so I got another day off. Motor is in, and bolted to the trans. Drivers side header is bolted up, but then things got frustrating. Spent the next hour fighting the passengers side before I gave up for the night. Jacked the motor towards the drivers side as far as I could and it still wouldn't slide in. Will have to notch the frame a little. Read a couple reviews that mentioned that having to be done, so it is what it is I guess. It'll sit like this until the weekend.
d53178bd580c4e4f802280a9a2591bfe.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Don't think so...not without removing the front clip anyways. I'm not sure it would have cleared the frame regardless. Too tight between the starter boss on the trans and the frame.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Ok, now you are just getting a little cray cray.....

I'll get the cut off wheel out tomorrow and make a little clearance and it'll drop right in.

Had to special order a friggen timing pointer from Ford this morning. $33, for a little piece of bent sheet metal. Could have ordered it online, but wouldn't have had it this weekend to fire it up (hopefully). The one I ordered will be in tomorrow morning. All this time I never realized I didn't have the pointer.

Strokersace

Reaction score
What the heck does "cray cray" even mean???

And why on earth would anyone use it???

If it means "crazy", wouldn't just be easier to say that?!?! And in the case of typing, it'd be less letters too!!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You gonna be able to prime the oil pump with a hand drill and the adapter or is that just the SB chevys?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I think its telling you it wants zoomies or fender well headers then....
lmao.. force feed it first, then zoomies
Ok, now you are just getting a little cray cray.....

I'll get the cut off wheel out tomorrow and make a little clearance and it'll drop right in.

Had to special order a friggen timing pointer from Ford this morning. $33, for a little piece of bent sheet metal. Could have ordered it online, but wouldn't have had it this weekend to fire it up (hopefully). The one I ordered will be in tomorrow morning. All this time I never realized I didn't have the pointer.

lol

yeah that works too
What the heck does "cray cray" even mean???

And why on earth would anyone use it???

If it means "crazy", wouldn't just be easier to say that?!?! And in the case of typing, it'd be less letters too!!
its something the cool kids say.. yes it means crazy and yes it is way easier and quicker to txt crazy... it is like that all over in this state I am in right now, it is like everyone is lazy and can't say an entire word like syracuse, they just say "cuse".. and they do that with every thing they can.. im always asking wtf do you mean or where are you talking about? pisses me off..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

6speedsd

Reaction score
Damn...sorry I used a stupid word...I mean chit, it was meant as a fuggin joke. My 6yr old says it sometimes...no clue who he learned it from, don't really care...it gets a laugh out of him, so I don't give a *** how it sounds or who thinks it's stupid or dumb.

Ok, moving on...
I have a priming tool already to prime the pump.

Spark plugs.... I'm going to get a set tomorrow. Should I get a set for a 93 model (what the engine is), or a set for a 77? Older set calls for .044" gap, newer one (for a 93) calls for .054" gap. Not sure which one to go with, or how much it'll even matter.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Well, long tubes are a no go. Notched the frame, got it to slide down in there, but then it hit the crossmember (where back half of the suspension attaches). I'm not cutting on that cross member. I dented the collector some which helped, but for it to bolt up I would have needed to damn near dent it half way flat. Soooooo...out they came and in went the shorties that I have. Not what I wanted but it's not the end of the world.

It's getting close. Intended on firing it this weekend, but I don't think that's happening. I need to do some yard work tomorrow if it's not raining, so I might not even fool with the truck at all.

Latest posts

Members online