S468 problems- irate mount

Short Bus

Reaction score
Had a gtx4202r on and it fit fine. Went to put on a 468 on and I can't get it past the head or intake plenum. I've ground on the bottom of the compressor housing outlet and removed some extra material, but I still can't get it. I have tried mounting the exhaust housing then center section and comp housing. Also tried sitting the center section and comp housing in assembled with no luck. I have to mount exhaust housing separate so that I can get waste gate piping connected. What the hell am I missing?

Short Bus

Reaction score
Should have stuck with the 42....

The way my wife drives I need something more responsive, she gets to big of a kick when that big bitch lights lol.

What intakes fit and who can ship tomorrow, I want something yesterday type of deal....

Petro

Reaction score
On our pulling truck, I had to install the turbo and then install the plenum under it. This is also using Irates plenums. Makes installing and uninstalling the turbo a joy.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Dang of all the threads on this turbo I hadn't heard anything like that. really tempted to throw the 42 back on and run it until I'm a little less irritated. I don't like dicking with plenums once they are sealed good.

Petro

Reaction score
I know exactly what your saying. When I went to install the S468 for the first time I was at a real loss and had never read about anyone else having this problem. I was very worried about installing the plenum like that, but after several runs at around 55 to 60 psi I kind of got over it. About a month ago we switched to the S475 and We still havent had any problems with the plenum leaking. The IH grey silicone seals it up pretty tight, Its more of a b!tch to pull the plenum out from under the turbo than it is to install it.

96F350KID

Reaction score
Pull the sled trucks S400 off with an irate mount with flat plenums every other pull for bearing checks. No issue pulling it off. Got a set here bud can send out when I get back from IN. Was going to be tonight but looking like tomorrow.

2000wa250

Reaction score
When I installed mine which was one of the first kits made, I know I had to rotate the turbo and maneuver it around quite a bit to get it in. I also have no fuel bowl, and pulled everything off the top of the valley. Harness, relays, alternator, ac, everything....it was stripped down pretty much all the way and still barely fit. Imo the mounts could be designed much much better....

Irate really lives up to its name imo

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You cant tell me there is not room to raise the ****ing turbo 1/2" or move it to the left an inch or so? I mean really...

I've built a few kits to mount turbos, its called a mock up for a reason.

moose99psd

Reaction score
Had a gtx4202r on and it fit fine. Went to put on a 468 on and I can't get it past the head or intake plenum. I've ground on the bottom of the compressor housing outlet and removed some extra material, but I still can't get it. I have tried mounting the exhaust housing then center section and comp housing. Also tried sitting the center section and comp housing in assembled with no luck. I have to mount exhaust housing separate so that I can get waste gate piping connected. What the hell am I missing?

exact reason i will be building my own kit for my h2e thats sitting in the shop...

Short Bus

Reaction score
You cant tell me there is not room to raise the ****ing turbo 1/2" or move it to the left an inch or so? I mean really...

I've built a few kits to mount turbos, its called a mock up for a reason.

Down to maybe 1/8-1/4", flat plenums it it would be cake. Joe this isn't an h2 or s300, compressor housing is bigger by a good bit. I was just surprised that the larger 42 fit better than this.

Short Bus

Reaction score
exact reason i will be building my own kit for my h2e thats sitting in the shop...

Comparing an H2 to an s400 is like comparing a baseball to a softball. Jake does a good job in kits, there's only so much you can do with a huge compressor housing. Just wish I'd known about the plenums sooner.

2000wa250

Reaction score
The kit could be raised higher with no problem. The mock up was done on an engine on a stand, not in the truck.

This is why I wish I had gone with the bwd kit that rotates the turbo more like the stock position and mounts it much higher. Makes a world of difference. Try loosening the mounting bolts so you can raise the back part of the mount, mount the turbo, then tighten down the mounting bolts.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.