S468 problems- irate mount

BlueScab

Reaction score
I loosened the v band on the compressor cover and spun it up to where the outlet was almost facing the cowl. Gave me a little more room between the cover and intake plenum when I was putting it on. Good luck!

Reaction score
do you have one of Jakes first T4 kits? a month or so after he started making these he lifted the turbo a little bit....just a thought...

Edit Black 02 beat me to it..

credit card in hand for the airfair....

Last edited:

Short Bus

Reaction score
Kit is probably 2 yrs old. I've tried everything I know to get this on just shy of using a 10lb sledge. Porta powered cowling, ground a little more on compressor housing, removed bolts from intake, thrown phone across the shop and even let a couple others take a stab at it. It's not going on.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Glad Im not the only one who had this problem. Did you try it without the plenum in place? If Not, remove the plenum and stuff the turbo in and then install the plenum, This is the way I got my setup to work, looks like a b*tch but isnt real Bad. Good Luck man.

I just freshly glued the irate flat plenums on before trying to mount it again. I'm really not too fond if taking them back off. I will switch to a newer style kit before I do anything.

Reaction score
I went through this a few weeks ago putting on my kit. Didn't seem to have as many issues though.
Best way I found to get the thing on was mount the exhaust housing on the up pipes then take them loose from the manifolds and unbolt the pedestal. Slide the entire thing over towards the passenger side. I had to clearance the bolt on the plenum a little. Put the housing and center section on together and leave it loose. Turn the compressor all the way verticle and remount the pedestal. Attach the oil feed line and tighten the exhaust housing vband. Should be just enough room to turn the compressor to meet the intercooler pipe. Then reattach the up pipes.
You might have already tried this but just offering some advice

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Short Bus

Reaction score
I have an old kit that sits slightly lower in the valley. I ordered new non gated pipes and an upper down pipe. There's no reason I need a waste gate now anyway.

Milford

Reaction score
Well shortbus, If you are interested in selling the kit(for SDcorrect?) I am going to be in the market here in a few months for one and I am swapping in a forged rod motor. I would be willing to buy this from you if the price is right since I can install it outside the truck and make it work that way.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Well shortbus, If you are interested in selling the kit(for SDcorrect?) I am going to be in the market here in a few months for one and I am swapping in a forged rod motor. I would be willing to buy this from you if the price is right since I can install it outside the truck and make it work that way.

It won't be the whole kit. Just the up pipes, upper part of the down pipe, waste hate and a few clamps. You will need the mounting plate, oil lines, IC pipe and lower down pipe. Basically about half a kit.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I am really wishing I'd went a different route, I've certainly had better days turning wrenches. It still won't fit, I don't know how the hell you guys are getting it in there it's not any closer now than it was with stock intakes.

Joe one more word about changing this or changing that and I'm going to fly up and shove this turbo and kit up your ass. Shut the **** up already.

Fly into Redmond Oregon, you can fly into Portland and then drive, but in the long run flying into Redmond is cheaper...

Sorry, dont like bull****, seems you figured out the kit was not going to work...

But I'm still the asshole and I'm ok with that.

LOL

Short Bus

Reaction score
Fly into Redmond Oregon, you can fly into Portland and then drive, but in the long run flying into Redmond is cheaper...

Sorry, dont like bull****, seems you figured out the kit was not going to work...

But I'm still the asshole and I'm ok with that.

LOL

Well joe, I will post up on how the newer version up pipes work when I get them. I still like this kit better than my old hypermax kits so stick that in your pipe and smoke it! Lol

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Well joe, I will post up on how the newer version up pipes work when I get them. I still like this kit better than my old hypermax kits so stick that in your pipe and smoke it! Lol

I still believe the quality of how an hmax kit fit is way ahead of the rest. Just hate the donuts and that it's t4i.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

LOL... Of course, not having them leaky donuts is worth its weight in gold!

I still believe the quality of how an hmax kit fit is way ahead of the rest. Just hate the donuts and that it's t4i.

It should be, for what they want for it...

The Turbonetics kit is fricking perfect, and has come down in cost a TON. More people should look at that kit.

It fit well, as well as stock. But the bellowed pipes in this kit are so much nicer than donuts!

With a short scroll turbo there is no reason he cant turn it to match up with the stock downpipe and it would fit without issue...

All I am getting at is the fact that a turbo kit marketed could be made that much better with a few tweaks.

Hell I built my own "Taco'd" out kit...:hammer: I know you have the same if not better skills.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Have you installed one? Have to local to me and both have a problem with the passenger side up pipe I believe, being to short not allowing it to seal.
LOL... Of course, not having them leaky donuts is worth its weight in gold!

It should be, for what they want for it...

The Turbonetics kit is fricking perfect, and has come down in cost a TON. More people should look at that kit.

With a short scroll turbo there is no reason he cant turn it to match up with the stock downpipe and it would fit without issue...

All I am getting at is the fact that a turbo kit marketed could be made that much better with a few tweaks.

Hell I built my own "Taco'd" out kit...:hammer: I know you have the same if not better skills.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Kit is probably 2 yrs old. I've tried everything I know to get this on just shy of using a 10lb sledge. Porta powered cowling, ground a little more on compressor housing, removed bolts from intake, thrown phone across the shop and even let a couple others take a stab at it. It's not going on.

I think I would have burnt it to the ground by now! LOL The Irate s468 kit I installed we didn't have any issues with getting the turbo in but the up pipes were way off..... we made it work with a lot of prying but I was less than impressed.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Got my new kit installed and turbo fell right into place. Amazing what you can do with extra 1/4" lol. Gotta find an oil leak and this project will be done

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Got my new kit installed and turbo fell right into place. Amazing what you can do with extra 1/4" lol. Gotta find an oil leak and this project will be done

Great to hear Luke! Haven't had anything but success with his kits!
You will love that turbo, although I'm not sure your going to "lose" anything at all....your wife is still going to be grinning ear to ear!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.