So hard to choose what turbo setup I want

248superduty

Reaction score
BTW... sorry to the OP for seriously hijacking his thread.

Its all good man. I honestly at this point think im just going to go with a pmax or something of that flavor. saddly my non truck mind (wife) says no big build until after i find a diecent job since as of 6SEP2015 i will no longer be active duty. And to be quite honest with myself i love the truck where its at and if im going to do a big build id like to do everything at once. anyways their is some great info in the thread and i apreciate everybodys opinions and information.

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
Thanks, I saw that previously, but he has done further testing which he posted yesterday so I was looking for his updated opinion.

BTW... sorry to the OP for seriously hijacking his thread.

Point me in the direction of said tests and results. What opinion are you looking for? I wish he could get it to the track and get a few good runs in. I guarantee he traps higher than 103.

To the OP, I would skip the powermax and talk to Barder or KC. They both install options to give greater performance and reliability.

Reaction score
Point me in the direction of said tests and results. What opinion are you looking for? I wish he could get it to the track and get a few good runs in. I guarantee he traps higher than 103.

To the OP, I would skip the powermax and talk to Barder or KC. They both install options to give greater performance and reliability.
Ultimately, I would like percentage of slip, but since I most likely will not get that, I am looking for any and all opinions of aftermarket converters so I can make a somewhat educated purchase. I don't know why but there is not a lot of info or even opinions of convertors out there. The day I started to make a thread asking about converters is the day I saw that he just installed the AFE, so I asked his opinion which he said wouldn't be true test until he put more miles on it. In my limited research, AFE was only company to have very detailed brochure. I liked what I read but wasn't sure if they were just utilizing a large marketing budget or if it truly is a quality piece that will stand up to abuse in my truck. No reason to justify why I asked him for his opinion, but thanks for your interest.

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
Ultimately, I would like percentage of slip, but since I most likely will not get that, I am looking for any and all opinions of aftermarket converters so I can make a somewhat educated purchase. I don't know why but there is not a lot of info or even opinions of convertors out there. The day I started to make a thread asking about converters is the day I saw that he just installed the AFE, so I asked his opinion which he said wouldn't be true test until he put more miles on it. In my limited research, AFE was only company to have very detailed brochure. I liked what I read but wasn't sure if they were just utilizing a large marketing budget or if it truly is a quality piece that will stand up to abuse in my truck. No reason to justify why I asked him for his opinion, but thanks for your interest.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7534917

Eat your heart out.

Reaction score
Its all good man. I honestly at this point think im just going to go with a pmax or something of that flavor. saddly my non truck mind (wife) says no big build until after i find a diecent job since as of 6SEP2015 i will no longer be active duty. And to be quite honest with myself i love the truck where its at and if im going to do a big build id like to do everything at once. anyways their is some great info in the thread and i apreciate everybodys opinions and information.
True. The "witty banter" is entertaining, but this thread has definitely given me good food for thought.

248superduty

Reaction score
Bringing this back up. Quick question. Once I go non vgt my tuner says I will get code p0046 and says they haven't figured out how to turn it off. Any insight?

strokin6L

Reaction score
What tuners have you talked to? I've ran two different non vgts....I've never had a p0046 code. The code is for the vgt solenoid I believe. They fool the pcm via tuning for the non vgt so that it doesn't set a CEL when the vgt solenoid is disconnected or not being used. Eric at ID mentioned this to me when he wrote my tunes back when I ran a non vgt.

Last edited:

zshier17

Reaction score
Quick question with the s362 FMW... I'm doing studs in a couple months in my old mans shop, and i have the money for injectors OR the s362 setup. Sooo which would be easier to do with cab on? sounds like the T4 pipes aren't that big of a deal to do with the cab on, and since the heads will be off, it would be cake to put the injectors in.

swinky

Reaction score
Quick question with the s362 FMW... I'm doing studs in a couple months in my old mans shop, and i have the money for injectors OR the s362 setup. Sooo which would be easier to do with cab on? sounds like the T4 pipes aren't that big of a deal to do with the cab on, and since the heads will be off, it would be cake to put the injectors in.
I'd rather do the turbo later than pull the valve covers back off.

zshier17

Reaction score
You think the s362 FMW is better all around than say a KC 1.5/2 ? I've followed some threads so i know you're a non-vgt guy Swinky, but just seeing if it's worth the extra time and money. No idea if i'll up the power later, but if i go with the s362, it only makes sense to stay non-vgt in the future.

I'll be running 175/stock injectors. 500hp is the goal, and honestly don't really wanna go much over that. Trying to keep this stock tranny for while lol. That being said i stear clear of boosted launches.

04 f350

Reaction score
Wanted to throw this out there to see what kinda feedback I would get, has anybody ran a S366 with stock injectors? I'm always up for finding out how certain setups would work/not work...