superduty prerunner project

weazel

Reaction score
So what exactly are you guys talking about when you say a 4 link will create a form of rear steer??

4 link is a suspension set up, where the axle is attached to the body via 4 bars, there is parallel 4 link, where the axle has 2 bars on each side that run parallel to each other, with that setup you need a panhard bar to control side to side movement, and there is triangulated 4 link, in this setup there are 2 bars that run straight to the outside of the axle (one per side) then there are 2 bars that go from the frame to the center of the axle, this setup will keep the axle centered with out the help of a panhard bar.

Parallel
9agaqe6a.jpg

Triangulated
a3ava6yp.jpg

Sent from my fortress of awesome

Last edited:

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Here are some pics that will help you understand. The axle will turn during articulation. But this thing isn't going to be a rock crawler so hopefully it will be alright.

rear-3.jpg

Last edited:

mustube

Reaction score
It should be fine. How long are you making the links? Longer links will help keep the rear steer from being an issue.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

JMart

Reaction score
Thats bad ass! That will really help. Is that part of the bender or a different tool?

How did those tires perform in the mud the other day?

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Added a window washer bottle. pretty much all I have done with it recently. Just been enjoying it before I tear into it again. get about 14mpg. not bad!

king stabilizers shipped today! hope to have them on when I get back from Indy

10300774_10201978739497132_5083681175742632109_n.jpg

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
It's holding up great other than the edge from me working on it.

Got my truss for the rear. Looks pretty sweet and will be perfect for my upper links

image_zps7ab4f55b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.