The 2011-16 Leveled Super Duty Thread

JRLott

Reaction score
Tailgate looks like it belongs on an Escalade to me. The biggest thing I liked on the interior was the dark leather and dash instead of my brown and tan. I was used to the Lariat leather from my '05. I think this one is better. Tailgate on the platinums are finally not making my eyes bleed.

Seems l remember the leather being nice. Really the tailgate, the hole in the roof, and $3k kept me from pulling the trigger on a platinum. They're nice, don't get me wrong. Maybe I'll get me a diamond platinum unobtainium in 2025. LOL

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Plus the paint job.... yes you can get that on a lariat but it's extremely rare to find a tri-coat pearl white non-platinum. Most are oxford white.

And ptm bumpers.... and brushed grill. And wood steering wheel. And interior... and and and .....

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong I definitely miss my Platinum but I was offered more for it then what I paid so I let it go. I was going to go get another platinum but I got a great deal on the 2013, It is the White platinum tri coat color as well. PTM bumpers are next.

JRLott

Reaction score
Plus the paint job.... yes you can get that on a lariat but it's extremely rare to find a tri-coat pearl white non-platinum. Most are oxford white.

And ptm bumpers.... and brushed grill. And wood steering wheel. And interior... and and and .....

Mine's tri. Didn't care if it was oxford or tri, but VERY glad I got the tri. Really like it. There were four lariat tri coats on one lot and three on the other when I looked. I think I saw two silver platinums, which I really liked...still do. There may have been one or two tri platinums, but the others were black or some other color vetoed my my wife or me. Dark is too hard to keep clean for a lazy fvck like me, and while I love red, the wife vetoed that on the basis of my lead foot.
PTM bumpers were irrelevant to me. Bumper was off and sold before 500 miles. I didn't give two sh!ts about the different wood trim either. If I had one to compare to now, I might have a different opinion on the interior, specifically the wood and leather. Perhaps you can point out all I'm missing one day while enjoying an adult beverage. I've no doubt the leather is better, but I knew I wasn't going to pay $3k for wheels and leather. Especially not with a hole in the roof that, with my luck, would leak. The bride has one in her car that I think has been open three or four times...maybe.
The rear heated seats would have been nice...or will be in three or five years when the two littlest ones don't have to ride in a car seat. Until then...useless.
They are definitely nice, don't get me wrong, but my two favorite things (dark interior and wheels) weren't worth the price of admission to me.
Next one will have all the goodies. I wish this one had push button start like my wife's car, and I wish hers had remote start, like mine. For now, my pompous but not spoiled a$$ doesn't feel like I'm missing anything. Of course, I thought remote start was stupid until I had it. Now if it's not running when I get in, I get a little confused on WTF to do. LOL.
Back to leveled trucks now that I've thoroughly derailed this one...dang. I guess I don't have a picture of my plain ol truck on my iPad.

JRLott

Reaction score
Here it is on this drizzling morning...dirty too.
ETA: 2.5" Carli springs, blocks in the rear, track bar relocation bracket, Bilstien shocks...nothing too special or extravagant, but I love the way it rides. Next will either be traction bars or Fox. Next set of shocks will definitely be Fox. This side sits an inch lower than the passenger side. It was the same way with the factory springs, so not a leveling issue...other than I haven't messed with fixing it...
image.jpg

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I wish I could score some of those door handles. I really do dislike the chrome on mine.

JRLott

Reaction score
1/4" spacers (3) needed to level it driver to passenger side. Worked perfect on my truck. It sat an inch off as well

I know...now that you and someone else have posted about it. Thanks for the reminder. Did it help the rear a bit as well? It's just not in the cards for me to mess with right now.

I wish I could score some of those door handles. I really do dislike the chrome on mine.

LOL. I think the platinums woul look much better with them instead of the chrome. Ford screwed that option up, IMO. PTM bumpers and chrome door handles...wtf?

04cr450

Reaction score
Yes my truck sits exactly 45" now on all 4 sides. Truck looks much better now. Before you could tell something was off with how the stance was. I started with a 2.5" level kit(added 3 spacers to driver side) and f350 blocks

JRLott

Reaction score
Thanks, bud. I had an 800# electric motor in mine the other day. I thought it looked like it was low in the rear. Bothered me enough that I put a tape measure on it...level front to rear. Tells me I prefer a bit of rake, especially so it doesn't sit ass low with crap in the bed. I'll fix one thing at a time though...lol. If I can fix the right left discrepancy, it'll tell me what blocks I need in the rear to go with the bars.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
I made a minor change to mine...added 1/2" spacers above the 2.5" front coils to get it to sit dead level. I just didn't like the front being 1/2" low. It's exactly what I wanted now.
I guess technically it's a 3" front with 4" rear block.

12963750_10206600779317856_5237416358298227004_n.jpg

hey man what happened to the pics of your truck?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks, bud. I had an 800# electric motor in mine the other day. I thought it looked like it was low in the rear. Bothered me enough that I put a tape measure on it...level front to rear. Tells me I prefer a bit of rake, especially so it doesn't sit ass low with crap in the bed. I'll fix one thing at a time though...lol. If I can fix the right left discrepancy, it'll tell me what blocks I need in the rear to go with the bars.

Different frontend but my truck is an inch raked and still looks level/azzlow from the side.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Hell if I know. I still see them even in posts other people quoted.

I kept looking for pics of your truck here recently after you mentioned the PMF 1/4" spacers but for some reason they don't show up for me lol. Think I'm going to order 4 of their spacers along with some 5" blocks and ubolts before I step up to 35x12.50R20 Nittos. Should go well with my 2.5" Icon kit I hope. Currently just running 295/60R20 Terra Grapplers so they're kinda smaller and narrower

Latest posts

Members online