• single s472

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • drop in 72 atmo

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stroker221

Reaction score
Nvm I emailed him and got it figured out. Its midwests kit. But now I I'm hooking up the down pipe and I cant find the v clamp.. I thought it shoiluld of came with one?

webb06

Reaction score
Nvm I emailed him and got it figured out. Its midwests kit. But now I I'm hooking up the down pipe and I cant find the v clamp.. I thought it shoiluld of came with one?

The stock one doesn't work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stroker221

Reaction score
Nope too small. The flange on the new downpipe is larger. I tried everything.theres about a two inch gap in the clamp when it's on the flange and the t bolt isn't long enough to go through the other end to get the nut on

webb06

Reaction score
Nope too small. The flange on the new downpipe is larger. I tried everything.theres about a two inch gap in the clamp when it's on the flange and the t bolt isn't long enough to go through the other end to get the nut on

Hmmm then ya should have came with another clamp I'd think. Shoot Morgan a pm. He'll set you straight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stroker221

Reaction score
Ya I emailed him. I'm sure ill hear from him tomorrow. Especially since he replied to me earlier today since its Sunday about the oil feed line. Me and a buddy tackled it all night long Saturday. Started at 5p.m. and had turbos out and new turbo in by 5:30a.m. This morning. What a task! I'm glad I didn't go with just a an atmo BC I sure as hell wasn't about to put them damn things back in. Got all the up pipe bolts out with out heat and found a pretty good way of getting them out which helped alot. Done this in my one car garage lol. I also had to lower the trans a little bit to put a freeze plug back in on the back of the block. Hopefully I got it in there well enough.. So the only things holding me back from start up is the v-clamp, pre filling oil into turbo, batteries thrown in, and that's basically it. Wanting to relocate my passenger battery to the frame rail also. And I'm gonna cut the egr provision off old down pipe and weld on new one for my wastegate. Will probably have to re-tune gate so gonna have to find a spring set somewhere. The last thing to do Is getting a gearhead tune.

Last edited:

stroker221

Reaction score
Got it driving tho weekend! All I can say is wow!we ran into a few problems but kinda got it all worked out.. I wont ever be going back to stockers. I was expecting way more lag but it spools quick and just rips.

stroker221

Reaction score
Ya it had me somewhat puzzled to how well it drives. Maybe I had my expectations set wayy too low. Idk. I'm super happy. I blew my first boot off today. Scared the hell out of me! Cant wait to get a single turbo tune to see the difference. I had to cut the old egr provision and weld it on the new down pipe. That was a pain for fitment reasons and I still gotta get it a little better since theres a small gap between turbo and dp flange. I also made a 5" intake to connect to my s&b box which also took some time..

stroker221

Reaction score
Anyone ever had this happen? Boost source tube blew off fitting for blow off valve.. Not sure how its supposed to lock in. I think the fitting broke...

Attachments

• WP_20150519_05_48_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150519_05_48_40_Pro.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 42

stroker221

Reaction score
Found out my on going trans problem today.. Talked to my tuner and for some reason they had in their records that i have a stock trans. A modded valve body plus increased line pressure by tuning is never good

New tune ordered today and traction bars in progress